Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I am using the customac 4 setup with a 64 gig ssd? I would like to save my files to another drive but I would like the speed advantage of the ssd for both OS.

So I allredy have mac osx and windows 7 but I dont know how to pull up a bootloader so i can choose which one i want to run at bootup. i tried the chamelion write up above with all the terminal work with no luck. Is there another program i can download to make this easier? I ran multi beast several times before windows was installed. Do i need to run it again now that it is installed?

Nlichtenberg said:
So I allredy have mac osx and windows 7 but I dont know how to pull up a bootloader so i can choose which one i want to run at bootup. i tried the chamelion write up above with all the terminal work with no luck. Is there another program i can download to make this easier? I ran multi beast several times before windows was installed. Do i need to run it again now that it is installed?
See viewtopic.php?f=81&t=20872

Also see http://lnx2mac.blogspot.com/2010/09/mov ... ition.html

Since I allready had a working copy of mac and windows on the same drive i tried to folllow the last steps of viewtopic.php?f=81&t=20872. So I just reinstalled chimera and it is booting right to osx without giving me an option. I assume this is something very simple but it is driving me nuts.

Nlichtenberg said:
Since I allready had a working copy of mac and windows on the same drive i tried to folllow the last steps of viewtopic.php?f=81&t=20872. So I just reinstalled chimera and it is booting right to osx without giving me an option. I assume this is something very simple but it is driving me nuts.

ur prob is very easy to solve ,i think now u can only boot directly to mac ,here is the solution
1-boot with ur windows 7 dvd and active the windows partition with the Cmnd lines then
2-install easybcd 1.7.2 on ur windows then restart and u will get the black boot menu where u chose mac or windows to load.

Thats just what I am looking for. I cant find the correct command to in windows 7 to set the partition as active. Does any one know this command.?

Nlichtenberg said:
Thats just what I am looking for. I cant find the correct command to in windows 7 to set the partition as active. Does any one know this command.?

P.A.C ,

diskpart >
select disk 0 >
list partition >
select partition #> (ur windows 7 part number)
active

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back