Contribute
Register

Building a CustoMac: CustoMac Mini 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Article: Building a CustoMac: CustoMac Mini 2012

Tony can you post your MultiBeast config? I've got the H77n-wifi with the i3-3225, but my NICs won't get an IP through DHCP for some reason.

Firstly, make sure you've installed Lnx2Mac's Realtek if you are using ethernet. Secondly, if you're not getting IP, try removing Ethernet entirely, and re-adding it via System Preferences > Network. If you had initialized ethernet when booting through UniBeast, it may need to be re-enabled after Post-Installation.

Good luck.

It cleared the stock cooler just fine on mine. There is about 1 mm clearance. In order to give your CPU more breathing room, use something like this Thermaltake Slim cooler:

Thanks!! this saves buying a case.

A silly millimeter might do it. (old ad slogan)I remember there was some clearance.
I will flip power supply upside down and cut hole in top of case for fan input.
No duel for air that way.

Awesome! I was just contemplating a BitterMelon's "Chip" build as my first build and this comes along to clear up my worries.
My only remaining concern is getting a firewire connection for my soundcard. I plan on a discrete GPU so the
Z77N-WIFI mobo's single PCIe slot will be occupied. I can give up the mini PCIe wifi card, but this is a half size and the only available mini PCIe firewire card
(startech) is full length and I expect it won't fit.
Any ideas on how to get a firewire connection on this Customac Mini Build?

http://www.startech.com/Cards-Adapt...-PCI-Express-FireWire-Card-Adapter~MPEX1394B3

Yeah this is what I have been waiting for but why spec an integrated wifi motherboard and then spec an external wifi card?

Firstly, make sure you've installed Lnx2Mac's Realtek if you are using ethernet. Secondly, if you're not getting IP, try removing Ethernet entirely, and re-adding it via System Preferences > Network. If you had initialized ethernet when booting through UniBeast, it may need to be re-enabled after Post-Installation.

Good luck.

Tony, from your opinion, is auto-sleep feasible? There is the "darkwake=10" line but for example: BitterMelon can't get it working with this line. Is it working for you?

That ASUS board is very nice, however it requires a patched/modified UEFI in order to be fully compatible. If you're ok with that kind of thing, they're fine- however, that board is pretty expensive as well.

can someone explain what this patched/modified UEFI is to a noob and how to do it? I have had the ASUS P8Z77-I DELUXE and Prodigy for a few months now with an i7 3770k and OCZ 128 GB vertex 4 SSD. The i7 was $60 cheaper at MicroCenter and that savings makes buying the asus quite easy. So it's not more expensive and this asus MB is better with the cpu socket placement. I have waited a long time to do this hackintosh on the system described. Any other issues with my hardware? Any one built a hackintoshwith the asus yet?

Bitfenix Prodigy is supercute! Thanks Tony and friends :)

Good luck.

Thanks Tony. Before I received your message I had tried deleting and re-adding the ethernet connections to no effect. I ended up Resetting Defaults in the BIOS, re-partitioning and re-installing completely. Its now working fine, although I'm not 100% sure what I did differently that would have made any difference. In MultiBeast I had selected Lnx2Mac's drivers both times. I know the second time I installed Trim support and the MacPro 3,1 definitions instead of iMac 12,2 but I doubt that either of those would have had any effect. Either way I'm very happy with my build.

Can somebody post a CustoMac Mini 2012 ML installation guide here briefly

such as: BIOS setting, unibeast setup ( such any option need -s -v ) to get into the installation screen and post installation, mutlibeast (DSTS selections)0

I am getting all the required HD and software ready.

thanks for all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back