Contribute
Register

Building a CustoMac: CustoMac Mini 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know if the on-board graphics of the
Gigabyte GA-H77N is capable enough to playback 720p/1080p movies smoothly?

Article: Building a CustoMac: CustoMac Mini 2012

Does anyone know if the on-board graphics of the
Gigabyte GA-H77N is capable enough to playback 720p/1080p movies smoothly?

The onboard graphics would be on the CPU, not the board. I have last year's Customac Mini with an HD3000 and it plays all movies smoothly using the Plex media center. The HD4000 on the new Ivy-Bridge CPUs is even more capable.

hello! are there any other options for a HDD? i have read that the barracudas are hit and miss and they are not readily available here in Japan.

hello! are there any other options for a HDD? i have read that the barracudas are hit and miss and they are not readily available here in Japan.

Sure- get whatever hard drive you like- just be aware that many of the newer drives are 4K Advanced Format drives, These are usually 1TB or higher, and have the boot0 issue with Chimera. It's another step, but you can solve quite easily via this guide:

http://www.tonymacx86.com/25-boot0-error-official-guide.html

Awesome! I was just contemplating a BitterMelon's "Chip" build as my first build and this comes along to clear up my worries.
My only remaining concern is getting a firewire connection for my soundcard. I plan on a discrete GPU so the
Z77N-WIFI mobo's single PCIe slot will be occupied. I can give up the mini PCIe wifi card, but this is a half size and the only available mini PCIe firewire card
(startech) is full length and I expect it won't fit.
Any ideas on how to get a firewire connection on this Customac Mini Build?

Thanks, it is great!!

I bought the Asus Z77-I because I couldn't convince myself to pay for inferior fan support and generally lower quality. Plus I can fit a big and once again silent CPU -3570K - cooler, which is the only fan in the case. I'm finishing my custom case - 18cmx18cmx35cm (7"x7"x14") and running Windows 7 & 8, but as soon as I find some time to tinker a bit more, it's meant to be a Mini Mac Pro. I have to catch up with the forums on how hard the BIOS/UEFI mods needed are but it would sure be great if TonyMacOSX86 supported it and made it as easy as installing on a Gigabyte board.

Thanks guys. I've been waiting for this. :)

Tony can you post your MultiBeast config? I've got the H77n-wifi with the i3-3225, but my NICs won't get an IP through DHCP for some reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back