Contribute
Register

Building a CustoMac: Buyer's Guide January 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
Always great to see an updated buyer's guide. Do any of these builds allow for DRM-protected HD Video to play through iTunes? Ever since building my GA-Z87MX-D3H system, I've lost the ability due to HDCP errors.

Article: Building a CustoMac: Buyer's Guide January 2014

It was removed as it's no longer available.

I have 660 Ti on my Hackintosh without any problems. I think I check GraphicsEnabler=No in Multibeast.

Would 4GB ram be enough for the customac mini? It's just 8Gb of Vengeance is a bit out of my price range at the moment
We recommend 8 GB RAM as using less impacts performance. You can use 4 GB is the minimum Apple requires, but it is not the best configuration to run.

Hi Tony, in a few months i will buy a complete set of Custo Mac Pro parts, to build my own Custo Mac.
Actually i already own a MacBookPro, I have a Desktop(Packard Bell), wich I cannot turn into an Hackintosh even if i have tried for long time.
Of course i have followed your great guides, but i encountered some problems.

Building my own custo mac, for the OS installation, i have to follow the same instructions like to convert a PC into an Hanckintosh?
If i will have some troubles, i could write here and have some support?

In any case, i would buy all the parts you suggest, from your experience, you already received feedback about users, or maybe directly you, that bought and build customac following your suggestion?

My original OS is snow leopard, having built my custo mac, I can try to install Snow Leopard with Iboot+retail Dvd, and then upgrade to Mavericks, or do you suggest to act differently?
Thanks

Thanks Tony, I already read and "studied" the page you linked me.
Got Any feedback regarding the built of a Custo Mac like this?
You did it?

When can we expect the i7 4930K to be in the buyers guide and/ or golden builds section?
(As I am not able to even purchase the I7 3930K in my country anymore)
1aK F4PJ7cBm32CUNiyI2GAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC

Last edited by a moderator:
What's the problem with the GTX Titan card not being recommended or having issues ?
I have one and don't seem to have any issues. In fact overall performance increased over my previous 660 Ti ? Just like in it did in Windows, but not as much of course.
What am I missing here ?

When can we expect the i7 4930K to be in the buyers guide and/ or golden builds section?
(As I am not able to even purchase the I7 3930K in my country anymore)
1aK F4PJ7cBm32CUNiyI2GAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC

Hi Tommy,

You can still build with the 4930K, you just need a patched kernel and it works perfectly. Tony and Macman won't put this in the buyers guide until it's vanilla. There's talk of it being supported vanilla on 10.9.2.

Good luck :)

Last edited by a moderator:
hi, i have two questions:

1.its necessary to use the corsair ram or can i use ram module of another brand
2. i want to install 8gb of ram but what is the difference between 2 or 1 modules
thanks and sorry for my bad english

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back