Contribute
Register

Building a CustoMac: Buyer's Guide February 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
I noticed there is no CPU cooling for the Customac Pro. This is regarding the
Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H motherboard.
What would you recommend? Would the Corsair H60 fit?

Hi, Im new to the forum and have never built a MAC before, I have experience in building PC and want to build a new machine to use for DJ work. I was looking to replace my laptop but have heard stories about drunken party goers coming up to request a song and spilling a drink over the laptop which usually sits above the mixer. I have decided to build a shuttle PC and now i have found this forum will be building a MAC version as well. I intend to use the following case, as you can see its well suited to lugging around with my DJ sound system. AS it has Hot Swap HDD cages I can switch between MAC and Windows OS using different drives rather than dual boot (not even sure if that's possible).

http://www.kustompcs.co.uk/acatalog/info_0946.html

0946.jpg

Thanks for posting this article as i can now get the required HW to support this project.

Article: Building a CustoMac: Buyer's Guide February 2013

both dvd and bluray drives are discontinued. can you recommend a fully compatible current dvd drive?

Anyone got an answer to this?

Is there a reason that the Corsair Carbide 400R case isn't on the list?

...or this?

Hey guys, I am building a MAC. First time :) Not sure if Sandisk Extreme 120GB SSD will work?

Is there a highly compatible (at least as close to turn-key as the Gigabit GA-B75M-D3P) smaller-than-fullsized ATX board that has Thunderbolt on board? Thanks!!!

(I want to shoehorn this into a Quicksilver G4 case, FWIW.)

Hey guys, I am building a MAC. First time :) Not sure if Sandisk Extreme 120GB SSD will work?

I'm using a Sandisk Extreme 240GB disk (SDSSDX240GG25, revision R201) as the only drive in a Hackintosh. It's hooked up to a Marvell 88SE9172 6Gb/s SATA-III controller on a Gigabit GA-B75M-D3P motherboard. Worked out of the box. GUID partition table.

BTW, it's "Mac," not "MAC." Mac, short for Macintosh. MAC is an acronym, for "Media Access Control."

Hi Tony,you had a great work here.i just wondering for a regular user (iwork,web browsing,iphoto and etc)build a customac budget ATX as you mention above,is that good enuf?thanks.​

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back