Contribute
Register

Building a CustoMac: Buyer's Guide August 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
Article: Building a CustoMac: Buyer's Guide August 2013

Thank you Adrian for answering.
This will be my first hackentosh. I shop at Microcenter for my parts and they do not have z77. They have a lot of z87 and others to choose from. I am trying to research what an easy board to choose and a high end graphics card or dual cards to handle 2 to 3 monitors if that is possible. I need this to be like a video and photo editing setup as well as a gameing machine.
Is it possible to do this or should I go to a PC type of setup?
Would you help me out in picking the components for this hackentosh if doable?

Thank You,
Mickey

I was so excited about building this machine that I went ahead and ordered the parts, even though I'm currently on the other side of the planet as my house and will be for another month :)

i want to build my new hackintosh
can i use my "MSI z87 mpowermax"? for the mother board?
please reply me

I bought all hardware listed on guide.
GA-Z77-DS3H, i3-3225 and 8 gb corsair DDR3 from
newegg. Followed all the directions to the T. after installing from Unibeast I can only get it to reboot in safe mode. Finish the installation & downloaded multi beast and followed the directions for that. rebooted and Start up keeps hanging and cannot even get it to boot in safe mode. Any suggestions.......

I bought all hardware listed on guide.
GA-Z77-DS3H, i3-3225 and 8 gb corsair DDR3 from
newegg. Followed all the directions to the T. after installing from Unibeast I can only get it to reboot in safe mode. Finish the installation & downloaded multi beast and followed the directions for that. rebooted and Start up keeps hanging and cannot even get it to boot in safe mode. Any suggestions.......

Suggest you open a thread on the problem somewhere relevant - not many are going to help with setup problems in the buyers guide.

Adrian B

MSI Z87 mpowermax will require a patched bios and has unsupported killer audio chip. MSI boards are tricky to get working, our advise would be to look at either an Ivy Bridge build or something from the Haswell early adopters page. Either way I would definitely stick with Gigabyte for simplicity. No point spending all that money and not getting a board running.

:thumbup:

Adrian B

Can't get the Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UP5-TH anywhere in Spain, not on Amazon either, any other option with all working? Is the Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UP4-TH working well?

Thanks

frank that mobo is freaking awesome.. And asus board are often supported... Cross our fingers

all fingers cross!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back