Contribute
Register

Boot0: GPT Boot0: test Boot0: done etc. error when booting from USB

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm trying to boot a Maverick Unibeast USB that I just made and I get this error when booting.

Code:
Boot0: GPT
Boot0: test
Boot0: test
Boot0: done

I can't do anything past this screen.

Now the reason why I made a new thread is because other people say they get this AFTER installing MAC OS.
I get it when trying to load the USB to even start installing it.

BIOS settings are correct. AHCI is on, I only have the 1 hard drive I want to install MAC OS to, plugged in and my Unibeast USB and Mouse and Keyboard.

I've been able to get Unibeast to boot before on this computer. So any ideas? Have I just missed/forgotten something?

Search is useful.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/25-boot0-error-official-guide.html

I already read that.

I said in like the first sentence of my entire post that I can't even GET THE USB TO BOOT.

Make sure you created the USB correctly... MBR partitioning not GPT. 8GB USB, and if the stick is larger, make sure you create only a single 8GB partition for Unibeast target.

I had something like this happen to me. What I figured out was that because my Canon printer has a card reader, the system was trying to boot from that even though I told it to boot from the USB. Just to see what happens, I would disconnect any USB device you may have connected including printers or internal or external card readers and also, see what happens if you try to boot from the USB stick without any HDDs connected. See if it still gives the error. If it boots ok, then you know it is your BIOS playing booting games and you can troubleshoot that. If it still does it with no USB devices or hard disks connected, then you know it a faulty install of Unibeast.

- - - Updated - - -

I had something like this happen to me. What I figured out was that because my Canon printer has a card reader, the system was trying to boot from that even though I told it to boot from the USB. Just to see what happens, I would disconnect any USB device you may have connected including printers or internal or external card readers and also, see what happens if you try to boot from the USB stick without any HDDs connected. See if it still gives the error. If it boots ok, then you know it is your BIOS playing booting games and you can troubleshoot that. If it still does it with no USB devices or hard disks connected, then you know it a faulty install of Unibeast.

I've gotten the same error! Everything was running fine but it hanged on the Mac loading screen when I was doing 'Post installation with Multibeast'. Couldn't even get into Multibeast and now I'm left with Boot0: Done errors on all my drives.

Now I'm at a total loss...

try clover or chameleon
If that doesn't work create a small 1gb partition and try installing the bootloader in there , you never know until you try .

j'ai le même problème au démarrage si je veux booté sur usb unibeast ça affiche boot0:GPT test test done mais je connais la cause de ce problème car j'ai change de carte graphique résulta quand je remet l'ancienne tous fonctions normalement donc tu dois essayer avec une autre carte I have the same problem if I want to start booting usb unibeast it appears boot0: GPT test test done but I know the cause of this problem because I exchange graphics card resulted when I return the old so all functions normally you must try with another card

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back