Beta Asus Sandy Bridge Sleep/Wake Fix

Status
Not open for further replies.
boumbo said:
Hi toleda, it is a i5 2500k
i am using hd3000
when i use the extra directory included in asus mini kit, in verbose mode
it block at "RTC: only one single ram bank 128 bytes."
i remove the SSDT.aml, the hackintosh work but no c state and no p state, and i have the sleep issue.
if i use the SSDT.aml file from multibeast for non overclocked i5, the hackintosh work, with c state and p state but always the same sleep issue.
Ignore the RTC message, does sleep work with the ssdt included in the mini kit? As the guide says, do a clean install of 10.7.4 and verify sleep works.

Hi
i can't ignore the rtc message,
in verbose, it block to the RTC message and then auto reboot so i can't tell you if the sleep work with it.i am gonna make a new reinstallation, what are all the kexts do you use with your P8H67-I-DELUXE? PXHCD,Fakesmc,Realtek official kext for the network?, the applehda kext in asus mini kit is it the same that the applehda alc892 patched kext in multibeast?
thanks for all
bye

i can't figure out what to do can you guts help?

Attachments

• dsdt.dsl
    425 KB · Views: 132
boumbo said:
Hi
i can't ignore the rtc message,
in verbose, it block to the RTC message and then auto reboot so i can't tell you if the sleep work with it.i am gonna make a new reinstallation, what are all the kexts do you use with your P8H67-I-DELUXE? PXHCD,Fakesmc,Realtek official kext for the network?, the applehda kext in asus mini kit is it the same that the applehda alc892 patched kext in multibeast?
thanks for all
bye
Is your AppleRTC patched for CMOS reset (required on all versions of Lion)? The RTC message in console is normal and the boot got through that. What you don't see next is what caused the boot problem (i.e., the boot failed before the cause can be displayed). By the way, PXHCD is guaranteed to prevent sleep with any AMI BIOS.

Just wanted to state that I managed to finally get sleep to work successfully for the first time ever tonight with help of this thread and my own custom bios for the Asus P8P67-M!!

I had to make use of the second DSDT edit (the first referenced things non-existant in my DSDT):
Code:
Device (PWRB)
        {
            Name (_CID, EisaId ("PNP0C0C"))
            Name (_UID, 0xAA)
            Name (_STA, 0x0B)
            Method (_PRW, 0, NotSerialized)
            {
                Return (GPRW (0x08, 0x04))
            }
        }

And I removed the USB3 (PXHCD.kext) and rebooting and it's working beautifully! :)

The only issue I am having is my sound not working after returning from sleep (using VoodooHDA 2.7.3) so I'll need to look into a fix for that, but at least sleep is working!!!

Hi toleda,
i solved the problem, i made a fresh installation mac os x 10.7.3 nad then:

-copy your extra folder from asus mini kit= hackintosh work perfectly, sleep work too.
-i update to 10.7.4= hackintosh blocked
-i remove ssdt.aml from extra folder= hackintosh blocked
-i start with the command "GeneratePStates=No", hackintosh worked perfectly , sleep too.
-i copy back your ssdt.aml file into extra folder and start with the command "GeneratePStates=No"= the hackintosh work perfectly , sleep too
-i replace your ssdt with the ssdt from multibeast and use the command "GeneratePStates=No" = the hackintosh work perfectly, sleep too and speedstepper too.

i found what broke the sleep, if the command "DropSSDT=Yes" is not used in org.chameleon.boot.plist, the sleep is broken

toleda said:
realfolkblues12 said:
i can't figure out what to do can you guts help?
Motherboard model?

I have p8Z68-v PRO gen3

I've installed the patched bios
when i try to sleep the computer it will freeze the screen no sleep. then i click and mouse will unfreeze.

i tried to apply the fix but it gives me compile errors.

realfolkblues12 said:
I have p8Z68-v PRO gen3
Won't work on Z68. My mistake; first post is updated.
It looks like the Z68 use a different variable name for D8G8, (i.e. Store (Arg0, DBG8) and Sleep (0x0BB8)). You may want to change the DBG8 in the edit to the Z68 name (2 times) and see if that compiles.

WORKS!!

On P8P67 Pro, vanilla Bios, but patched 10.7.4 AICPUPM, with DSDT edits and the SSDT in /Extra. Sleep works, and wake, too. I got REALLY excited because now "Wake for Ethernet access" becomes an option in System Preferences (Energy Saver), and never was before for my Intel LAN NIC, even with Sleep Enabler. HOWEVER... WOL still does not actually work. :( Big bummer, there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back