Contribute
Register

Beautiful MB Asrock H110M-STX for macmini

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quick updates

WIFI
- The Dell DW1560 Broadcom BCM94352Z arrived but does not come with antenna. Luckily, the antenna bundled with the Deskmini is compatible. I tested this wifi card with Linux Mint 17.1 (from 2014!!!) and it is working perfectly.

Start-up Disk - I created a macOS Sierra (public beta 6) USB stick according to online guides. I got "Error loading boot disk". I will fallback to El Capitan tonight.

Hey hey, I have build a Asrock Deskmini, too. With the Noctua NH-9Li and some Fan adjustments in BIOS the most silent PC I have ever build! Equivalent to a passive cooled system. While Ubuntu runs great, I had no success to get OSX EC working, even with the install stick. Several issues while starting with -x -v. The BIOS options are very poor, only a quarter of the regluar options. Can you help me ? Could you post some adjustments and the activated Clover options?

Quick updates - No good news yet...
  1. El Capitan install
    1. with Unibeast - kernel panic
    2. with Clover (following this guide) - kernel panic
  2. Sierra Public Beta 6 Install - kernel panic
I need to capture the kernel panic screen and diagnose that....

Kernel Panic - IOBluetoothHostControllerUARTTransport, any advices please?

I googled and someone suggested to disable serial port in BIOS. The BIOS has no option to disable any serial ports.

Also, I tried the -v verbose mode, still got the same panic.

Thx

Let me try to update the bios.

I googled and the above bluetooth kernel panic maybe related to graphics but not bluetooth.

I was using vga cable. Let me also try to switch to dvi on Monday.

Let me try to update the bios.

I googled and the above bluetooth kernel panic maybe related to graphics but not bluetooth.

I was using vga cable. Let me also try to switch to dvi on Monday.

I've updated the bios and I got the same error message. I've tried a DP-to-VGA adapter and it still doesn't work.

ASRock bios, what else would you expect? Luck with it but it will become much bother than it's worth...

I've updated the bios and I got the same error message. I've tried a DP-to-VGA adapter and it still doesn't work.

Lots of times you need an active adapter, instead of a passive adapter. Have you tried a monitor with a DL-DVI-I input? Oh, wait - that mobo doesn't have a DVI output. I guess it's time for you to buy a DP display. They shouldn't be too expensive as they make them with a1920x1080 resolution. Figure about $100 for a 21" WS and $200 for a 27" ws.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&N=100160979 600012673 600050982 600416631&IsNodeId=1&bop=And&Order=PRICE&PageSize=36

Last edited:
Good news!
  1. I resolved the Kernel Panic IOBluetoothHostControllerUARTTransport by plugging in a Orico BTA-402 ($12) USB Bluetooth adapter! I think it is very silly for the Kernel to panic if it can't find a Bluetooth adapter.
  2. VGA problem - I used HDMI cable + HDMI-DVI adapter to connect to a DVI monitor. It resolved the VGA problems, which caused the computer to hang.
With (1) and (2) above, I can now see the language selection screen! I am happy now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back