Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I finally installed snow leopard 10.6.8 on my hp g62 series. I really want to get sound to work but i have no idea how to find what type of audi chip i have. I know i have a realtek high definition audio. Can someone please tell me how to find my chipset and which kext will enable audio for me?

Take a look at the System Profiler under audio, it should indicate which chip you have. If you have tried to install a number of kexts, it is possible that it will be misidentified in System Profiler, so check at the HP site or if you are dual booting look on the Windows side for system information.

Once you figure out exactly which chip you have and tell us exactly what you have tried so far, we can help you.

If you tried installing both VoodooHDA and Realtek8xxHDA they will conflict, delete one or the other, run system utilities and restart,

I know the voodhoo one does not work because when i installed that one all i hear is a loud beep and nothing else

Guys I realy need ur help. I looked at the hp website and found that I have a realtek hd audio driver and the version is 6.0.1 or something like that. However I can not find the type of chip I have. Please help

Take a look at the System Profiler under audio, it should indicate which chip you have. If you have tried to install a number of kexts, it is possible that it will be misidentified in System Profiler, so check at the HP siteor if you are dual booting look on the Windows side for system information.

I suggest you try one of my earlier remaining suggestions....

not only that, i believe there are half a dozen variants to the G62. would need the exact model # and seach google. most of the HP junk gets reviewed

I did try system profiler and windows and none worked. System profiler says i dont even have audio. In windows i can not find the chipset

I have an hp G62-225DX

Did you have sound when you were starting up with iBoot in the drive? Or does it at least show up in System Profiler when starting from iBoot?

If not, I think that perhaps there is something else going on. If as Haxx says there are a number of variations....you might not have a Realtek chipset at all. Can you physically examine the board and locate the audio chip, read the number off of it?

IIFC the chipset should show up in System Profiler irrespective of whether the drivers are installed.

When i booted from the iboot cd the sound was working.
After i installed the Multibeast thing to boot straight from the drive, that's when the sound stopped working.

I am almost positive that i have a Realtek chipset. The only thing is i can not find what kind it is (ACLxxx)

If you had sound with iBoot....iBoot uses VoodooHDA, which is a universal sound driver.

Make sure that you remove Realtek8xxHDA and any of the ALC8xx non-DSDT enablers. You might have to try a different version of VoodooHDA....notice in MultiBeast there are a number of them. Unfortunately I have not seen a guide as to which Voodoo you need, so you will have to try them out....it is kind of like the name, takes a bit of Voodoo to make Voodoo work. Make sure you run system utilities each change in kexts and restart.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back