Contribute
Register

ASUS-P5G41T-M LX Guide + tips

Status
Not open for further replies.
i install retail 10.6.3 and update to 10.6.8, everything run smoothly but my network can't work at all,
if i using DHCP it's always self-assign ip address (169.xxx.xxx.xx) even when i used manual ip address, it's say connected but i can't open any page o_O

I'm on Lion 10.7.1 everything work execpt ethernet I've installed AtherosL1cEthernet.kext
but nothing work

I'm actually on internet with wifi dongle :(

Thanks a lot !

groovecain said:
i install retail 10.6.3 and update to 10.6.8, everything run smoothly but my network can't work at all,
if i using DHCP it's always self-assign ip address (169.xxx.xxx.xx) even when i used manual ip address, it's say connected but i can't open any page o_O
I first installed retail SL 10.6.3 using iBoot method. Next installed easybeast. Then AtherosL1cEthernet.kext and VooDooHDA.kext. Finally MacOSXUpdCombo10.6.8 Now I have a fully working hackintosh 10.6.8 (ethernet, sound, video) Note: my video card is nVidia 8400GS 512MB DDR2, worked out-of-installation.

Just updated to Lion 10.7.2 Runs fast and stable. Fully working (ethernet, sound, graphics), except not having QE/CI. Very happy Mac user now :)

4952cd.jpg

Hi all just bought the same board : Asus P5G41T-MLX,

Can those who got SL or Lion installed please confirm what BIOS version you have,
as my mobo is new it already has 0803 bios, dual core quad, 4Gb RAM etc
fails to install, just hangs.

thanks
madmac

I know this is quite an old post but hopefully someone can help. I have this motherboard and am experiencing difficulties. I've tried both boot-123 & iBoot and my retail snow leploard hangs on either a black screen or the grey apple logo. I have tried booting with various combinations of flags; -x -v CPUS=1 & PCIRootUID=1 but no go. Does it really make much difference to use a USB keyboard as I only have a ps2 keyboard currently.
Thanks!

I really am FEd UP trying to get this to work

mobo Asus p5g41t-m lx
cpu intel q9300 socket 775 quad core xeon
4gig corsair vengeance ddr3 ram (have another 4 Gig available but not installed

New ATI AMD Radeon6870Graphics
followed this install guide to the letter tried cpu's=1 and -x ..used Iboot original snow retail dvd.
the same two occurencies occur
1. end up eith the grey apple screen with a spinning icon and wont go further
2. kernal panics and stops.
I bought this mobo in the vain hope of getting a Hackintosh only, to run A legit Logic pro! :oops:
The q900 was pulled from an old Packard bell Ipower and transfered with the liquid cooler to a new case
This combo runs Windoze 7 ultimate with no hassles!!
clean install snow leopard on 1tb western digital hdd hfs not set (active) should be guid after install but dont get that far!

Had absolutely 000 joy on the Original Packard bell either as the bios was locked to Vista 64 that came with the Ipower

Set the bios as per the instructions but one thing is confusing? there is a setting in the asus bios for " Northbridge or " Southbridge" tried 'em both with no joy :oops:
Help me if you can I'm feeling DOWN
Regards
Ratty
BTW is there a way to install from an external USB HDD?

acik84 said:
i got sound working by using multibeast 3.5.2 and choose only voodoohda 0.2.1(the 1st one on the list).dont thick the other alcxx etc. cheers!

try update your bios, mine is 0604.no acpi prob.

hmmmm this is a very much nice info dud.. :clap: :clap: :thumbup:

madmac said:
Hi all just bought the same board : Asus P5G41T-MLX,

Can those who got SL or Lion installed please confirm what BIOS version you have,
as my mobo is new it already has 0803 bios, dual core quad, 4Gb RAM etc
fails to install, just hangs.

thanks
madmac
My Board
P5G41T-M LX 0902 BIOS - 2011.10.10 update the last bios from asus.
My Board all fine OSX Lion 10.7.2 Sleep working too :headbang:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back