Contribute
Register

ASUS K53E Laptop Sandy Bridge Lion 10.7 Hackintosh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright, using notation's notes and ktexts, I have most things working. Later tonight I will do a full report and attach a zip file of all the ktexts that work for me.

I put it to sleep at around 20%.
About 15 hours later, the red/orange battery warning indicator is blinking and upon wake it shows capacity is only 8%!! Would expect a little more than that. BTW using the DSDT I posted earlier.
Anyone with the same issue ?

Uh, that sounds about right. 15 hours in a long time and power is still being pushed to RAM and the little LED lights on the power button and activity lights.

notation84 said:
It wasn't easy, but it wasn't all that hard either.
Computer: ASUS K53E-BD4DT, i5-2430m, HD 3000, 4GB RAM
BIOS: K53E.214 (NO DSDTs)

Day1
-Computer OOB had 2 Partitions, 1 Primary, 1 Data,Logical... almost exactly the right proportion I wanted. Deleted the logical partition, left it unallocated for Lion.
-usb stick not recognizing! restart computer 5 times until it does...
-Installed with Unibeast and MBR patch on the other partition all on a trusty USB stick.
-After install, ran update + multi beast, restart. Infinite hang up... no KP, no Screen.
-Found out about how amazing 'rBoot 1.0.1 LE' is, let me boot with USB and keyboard. Finally I'm in.
-Began installing kexts. Kernel Panics everywhere. Tired. Bedtime.

Day2
-Finding better kexts, removing conflicting kexts. No more Kernel Panics.
-VoodooBattery works. Impressed. True Portability!
-Trackpad works as mouse; not recognized as a trackpad (no multitouch, maybe annoying sensitivity). But, no more USB Mouse necessary!
-Took rBoot's similar strings and replaced with the boot.plist and smbios.plist from the Preboot.dmg. Finally independent from CD Boot, and yes, 64-Bit!!

Day3
-After several VoodooHDA and KPs, This one gets sound, but crackles badly. Still need to get working.
-Getting more kexts: Ethernet, wifi... Can contact people from the outside world at my fingertips.

This was a EASYBEAST install, no DSDTs (yet).

I'm not going to go though everything I got working, but I'm gonna say what Partially and totally doesn't work.

Partially Working:
-Audio - Sound crackles, Mic Feedback.
-WIFI - G routers work, N routers don't... no internet. Anyone got any ideas?
-Trackpad - no multitouch, recognized as mouse in preferences, not trackpad.
-Webcam - Recognized, but not functioning in Photobooth.
-USB - fails half of the time on booting up. Kinda a bummer.

Not Working:
-Speedstep - ? Don't know where to begin.
-Sleep/Resume - Same with this one.

Not tried yet:
-HDMI Audio - Video works like a charm, but haven't tested sound (voodooHDA!!!)
-VGA - I'll try it later.

Overall, I'm impressed with how much is working in only 3 days. With what works, it totally works as a mainly functioning mac laptop. The things that don't work can be worked around. I'm typing this to you guys at my buddy's house on his wifi, away from my AC plug and 4 hours battery. Sounds pretty sweet to me... I hope I can make more progress to help you guys out over the next couple weeks.

Here are some kexts that helped me out that didn't screw up my comp more or caused KPs. Hope at least something helps!

I am having a hellava time over here. I have this same laptop, but I am trying to install snow leopard on it first and after I do the combo update, it will KP on VoodooDHA. I am stuck, I tried a Lion install DVD for Intel systems (PCs) but the USB doesnt work when I use it.

PLEASE SOMEONE HELP ME.

Delete voodooHDA.kext in S/L/E and reboot, see if that gets you back onto a desktop without KPs.

What VoodooHDA are you using? try installing voodooHDA 2.7.2 from multibeast. As said before, you might get mic feedback, so in the voodoohda kext plist, set the iGain to "0".

The VoodooHDA in my kext zip file sucks. While it was the best fix i found at the time, ignore it and try the ones from multibeast. I might just delete this zip file and replace it with a new updated zip file so people don't make the mistake. Sorry bout that btw.

notation84 said:
Delete voodooHDA.kext in S/L/E and reboot, see if that gets you back onto a desktop without KPs.

What VoodooHDA are you using? try installing voodooHDA 2.7.2 from multibeast. As said before, you might get mic feedback, so in the voodoohda kext plist, set the iGain to "0".

The VoodooHDA in my kext zip file sucks. While it was the best fix i found at the time, ignore it and try the ones from multibeast. I might just delete this zip file and replace it with a new updated zip file so people don't make the mistake. Sorry bout that btw.

Notation,
I have been using the one in MultiBeast 3.10.1 I just set it to EasyBeast and thought I could add the other kext later, I have been erasing and reinstalling for about 4 days now. I am not that well versed on the commands in command line mode, but if you give me the commands I can figure it out.
I guess I would have to use the -s switch to get to a command prompt and then use sudo to get in to be able to delete the kext?

Here is what I am doing so far:
I have installed the Update Helper and rebooted.
I boot off the iBoot 3.2.0 Cd and select Snow Leopard partition.
As I type this I am able to get in am installing the 10.6.8 combo update now.
I installed Multiboot, but chose basically what was in the Easyboot without the Voodoo HDA.
I rebooted and have been getting the boot0 error if I boot from HDD.
So I am booting with the iBoot CD and getting a grey screen.
Tried using GraphicsEnabler=No and still grey screen.
Tried booting in Safe Mode and same thing.

Thanks for posting that ktuluz. I'm gonna look into that right now.

As for sleep, I'm in the same boat as you. But I haven't even done any DSDT work whatsoever. I'm waiting to flash a newer BIOS version before I do so. As soon as hard drive prices come down, I'll back up the hard drive with a new hard drive and then start experimenting again.

Just wanted to share my experience installing lion on k53e core i3
I have everything working except vga out and hdmi out.
I have no clue where to even start with those two.

After 15 installs i finally found one that is reliable, no errors in boot and everything works.

I did a poor job keeping track but from the top of my head
Install
unibeast + lion retail 10.7
Had to use PCIRootUID=0 -v -x to boot to install
Install
Load kext for wifi (BCM94312HMG from Hp mini)
Load HP installer from 4530s version 3 thread
Install Chimera and 10.7.3
go to archive.zip in this post (thank you so much for sharing this one)
install trackpad, voodoohda and audioauuc and appleacpiplatform kexts
voila everything works beautiful.
I am sure there can be more improvements made by people more experienced but this works well for me.
Dual boot this with win7 and a small partition for carbon copy backups in case i screw something up.
GUID partition scheme btw.

attached for elan touchpad
by the way from my previous post i had to reinstall the original appleacpi... kext as the fixed one for battery and brightness was causing kernel panics

Attachments

• Archive.zip
    134.3 KB · Views: 203
Just out of curiosity... For those who installed around 10.7-10.7.2:

Did any one update to 10.7.3? If so, does it still fully work? Did anything break while updating to 10.7.3? and if so, did you fix it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back