Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hello

I have about 2 weeks an annoyed problem with my graphics. I have nothing found about that on google so I ask here. My Specs:

GA-P55A-UD3 Rev. 1
ASUS GTX 560 TI 1GB
Mountain Lion 10.8.2

My graphics freezes spontaneously and I can only move my mouse. No more. That's very annoying. In the Console in MAC OS is:

"kernel: NVDA(OpenGL): Channel timeout!"

Then I must plug off my computer and restart it.

What's the Problem? What can I do? Thanks for help :)

I was having this problem with my 560 non-Ti, as well as coloured squares appearing occasionally on the screen. I did a full clean install of 10.8.2 and that seems to have cured it. It must be a bad kext left over from a previous install, in my case at least.

Can I reinstall Mac OS and in the setup click on "backup from Time Machine"? I don't know if Time Machine save the kexts and so. When Time Machine save, can I remove them from the backup?

Hello.

Same problem for me with the 560, and the solution with 10.8.2 was to get rid of /s/l/e/AppleGraphicsPowerManagement (I renamed it).
Hours and hours of work in FCPX, no more freeze.
This solution was posted somewhere else in these forum but I can't find the original link.

(and sorry for my english ;) )

What does this kext? When I look into KextWizard, there is no GPU Power Management Kext on. Any idea?

Can I reinstall Mac OS and in the setup click on "backup from Time Machine"? I don't know if Time Machine save the kexts and so. When Time Machine save, can I remove them from the backup?

I don't use Time Machine so I don't know if it will restore kexts, but I would presume not. I did a clean install and the restored using Migration Assistant from a backup drive that had been cloned with SuperDuper and that still seemed to help solve this problem, so it's worth a go.

I have the first solution not tested out but I think I have solved the problem. I downloaded KextWizard (I had the German Version) and checked "System/Library/Extensions". Then are the two small boxes under it ("Zugriffsrechte reparieren" , "Neuerstellung des Caches") checked too and then I chose my HDD and then I clicked on "Ausführen". In the last 7 days there is no more error and no freeze.

Hello.

Same problem for me with the 560, and the solution with 10.8.2 was to get rid of /s/l/e/AppleGraphicsPowerManagement (I renamed it).
This solution was posted somewhere else in these forum but I can't find the original link.

That worked for me too with a GTS 450. I don't have the errors anymore and no sudden freezes! Thanks!

Hello.

Hello Dear....I've also a 560TI and 450GTS....would you please explain in detail...how you solve the freeze problem...?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back