Contribute
Register

ASUS G73JH keyboard backlighting... WORKING!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brilliant stuff.. Really very, very cool. Thanks a lot for helping me so quickly. Tbh.. I never thought I would actually ever see working backlights on ML. Glad I asked you about it when I did hehe.

Cool.. Will do as soon as I get the chance... Awfully busy lately but will let you know when I've tested it :)

Cool.. Will do as soon as I get the chance... Awfully busy lately but will let you know when I've tested it :)

sublightnova can u give me guide to make my g73jh-a1 work with ML 10.8.2 and ur extra folder with links help plz

I would also love to get my keyboard backlight working in 10.8.2, anyone have a tutorial?
Thanks in advance.

I would also love to get my keyboard backlight working in 10.8.2, anyone have a tutorial?
Thanks in advance.

Did you read this thread?

It is easy:
- patch your DSDT with the provided 07_KeyBacklight.txt (use MaciASL to patch)
- install your patched DSDT to /Extra/dsdt.aml
- install my VoodooPS2 keys following the instructions

Just reporting this backlight fix also work on Asus N56VZ
:thumbup:

I followed the instructions and the lights are not working. Can the dsdt file be patched while locked? I don't know how th unlock the file.

I followed the instructions and the lights are not working. Can the dsdt file be patched while locked? I don't know how th unlock the file.

You should probably give yourself permissions for your entire /Extra folder:

Code:
# in Terminal
sudo chown -R your-user-name:staff /Extra

Either that, or save the patched file to your desktop, then copy it using finder (entering your password as necessary).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back