Contribute
Register

ASRock Z77E-ITX | Core i7-3770K | EVGA GTX 570HD

Status
Not open for further replies.
hey buckeyes

great thread.
didnt know the broadcom lan was working, so thanks for that.
you shouldnt need to use the entire ionetworkingfamily.kext in future, all youll need is the AppleBCM5701Ethernet.kext inside the plugins folder.
might help if you ever do a reinstall.
where did you get that from out of interest?

with your autosleep issue, type
Code:
pmset -g assertions
in terminal, and it should show you what is preventing your system from autosleeping

Thanks for the compliments Sami.

Good call on the networking. I'll make sure to update my post tonight with only that portion. I'm a minimalist, so I like only using what is absolutely necessary. I downloaded it from http://www.osx86.net/view/3089-broad..._bcm57781.html thanks to Appleg's post.

As far as sleep goes, I looked into it last night. It turns out it happens (even on regular macs) with USB attached storage that is powered by the USB port. With self powered USB drives auto sleep works fine, but with the USB port powered drive it won't auto sleep. I don't know (or at least haven't been able to find) of a solution to this.

So... What happens if I don't use all of multibeast? I get ml to install network kext works but then the rest causes something to keep my computer from booting and hangs at the white screen. I tried booting with -v but I don't see anything. I'll try recording and posting for guidance later...

Side note, would the h77 asrock board be better/easier for a hackintosh project?

I was Using Asrock H77M-ITX for a month, and just upgraded to Z77E-ITX today because overclockable.

I can only say both board almost the same.
1. LAN, plugin to S/L/E/IONetworkingFamily.kext/Contents/Plugins
RTL8111E install official Realtek driver into plugin
Broadcom 57781 modify BCM5701
2. Sound, both install from Multibeast 5.0.2 plus DSDT
3. DSDT, almost same modify method

But Z77E-ITX still have 2 component not support in 10.8
Asmedia 1042 USB3 controller
Realtek RTL8191s mini pcie wireless adapter

After upgrade to Z77 and overclock my 3570K to 4.4G
Geekbench score from 10490 -> 13100

I was Using Asrock H77M-ITX for a month, and just upgraded to Z77E-ITX today because overclockable.

I can only say both board almost the same.
1. LAN, plugin to S/L/E/IONetworkingFamily.kext/Contents/Plugins
RTL8111E install official Realtek driver into plugin
Broadcom 57781 modify BCM5701
2. Sound, both install from Multibeast 5.0.2 plus DSDT
3. DSDT, almost same modify method

But Z77E-ITX still have 2 component not support in 10.8
Asmedia 1042 USB3 controller
Realtek RTL8191s mini pcie wireless adapter

After upgrade to Z77 and overclock my 3570K to 4.4G
Geekbench score from 10490 -> 13100

Good summary.

Can you post your 4.4Ghz OC settings.. I'm about to start playing with that. Did you have to change anything in OSX itself to support, or just the bios?

Just thought I'd share my OC experiences as well. I've got the 3770k running stable and mostly cool at 4.5GHz right now. I did stress testing in Windows first to settle on 4.5 as the ideal OC for my setup. The only things I've changed is the multiplier to 45 and increased the core voltage in fixed mode to 1.150v. Under load I max out at about 70C on one core (the rest 5-10C lower) with an Antec Kuhler 620.

However, to get the most performance in OSX, I had to turn off speedstep. With speedstep enabled, my Geekbench maxed out at ~13000, but with speedstep off I'm up to ~16500+. Also, my processor in my system info is now listed as 4.2GHz, whereas with speedstep enabled it stuck at 3.5. I do not have FakeSMC or any other tweaks that might affect speedstep's ability under osx though.

Good summary.

Can you post your 4.4Ghz OC settings.. I'm about to start playing with that. Did you have to change anything in OSX itself to support, or just the bios?

My overclock settings are very simple,
Load Optimized CPU OC Setting with 4.4GHz option.
Load Optimized GPU OC Setting with 1400MHz
Load XMP Setting because I'm using 1600C9

PowerSave enabled,
CPU Load-Line Calibration = Level 4/Level 3
CPU voltage Auto (my cpu AUTO = 1.2v at full load)
these setting can pass Geekbench, cinemark may need higher voltage and change CPU Load-line Calibration level

because my chassis is LianLi PC-09F, no room for big CPU cooler (using xigmatek Praeton LD964 now) so 4.4G seems limit

Just thought I'd share my OC experiences as well. I've got the 3770k running stable and mostly cool at 4.5GHz right now. I did stress testing in Windows first to settle on 4.5 as the ideal OC for my setup. The only things I've changed is the multiplier to 45 and increased the core voltage in fixed mode to 1.150v. Under load I max out at about 70C on one core (the rest 5-10C lower) with an Antec Kuhler 620.

However, to get the most performance in OSX, I had to turn off speedstep. With speedstep enabled, my Geekbench maxed out at ~13000, but with speedstep off I'm up to ~16500+. Also, my processor in my system info is now listed as 4.2GHz, whereas with speedstep enabled it stuck at 3.5. I do not have FakeSMC or any other tweaks that might affect speedstep's ability under osx though.

Thanks for the info.. I assume when you say you disabled Speedstep, you just set the 'Generate' flags to NO in the chameleon boot plist?

Thanks for the info.. I assume when you say you disabled Speedstep, you just set the 'Generate' flags to NO in the chameleon boot plist?

I disabled speedstep in the BIOS. I'm not versed in the whole generate flags thing. Perhaps that's why I wasn't seeing the appropriate Geekbench score with speedstep enabled?

Also, I tried your updated DSDT and still no luck. Booting with verbose mode didn't reveal anything obvious to me. Here are some photos:
photo-1.jpgphoto.jpg

Edit: maybe it's something to do with my CPU? Could this be related to my overclock or speedstep disable? Suppose this is something I could rule out...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back