Graphics
Intel HD4000
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I recently completed my hackintosh :D and everything as far as parts work (except for audio, but I bought a USB audio instead which is native).

I want to use the hackintosh for video editing on iMovie, but the problem is, the app store won't let me log in!

I log in with everything correct, and it says "Unknown error has occurred"

I have deleted the ethernetbuiltin boot flag which did not make a difference.

Any suggestions?

I recently completed my hackintosh :D and everything as far as parts work (except for audio, but I bought a USB audio instead which is native).

I want to use the hackintosh for video editing on iMovie, but the problem is, the app store won't let me log in!

I log in with everything correct, and it says "Unknown error has occurred"

I have deleted the ethernetbuiltin boot flag which did not make a difference.

Any suggestions?

Try deleting (or renaming if you wish to not lose the file entirely) /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/NetworkInterfaces.plist and rebooting.

-bth

Hey OP, I just solved this problem. Downloading Mountain Lion now.

- Update your ethernet kext, make sure it's 100% working

- Your SMBios serial MUST SHOW THE COMPUTER AT: https://selfsolve.apple.com/agreementWarrantyDynamic.do

If it just reloads the page, the serial will not work. Keep generating serials until it loads a Mac Pro. After I updated my SMBios.plist with a serial that worked there, I removed all of my network interfaces from the control panel, removed my NetworkPrefrences.plist and then rebooted.

Upon login I could login to app store! :clap:

I had to add the following to org.chameleon.Boot.plist before it would work:

<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>Yes</string>

As soon as I added it and rebooted I was able to signin.

Try deleting (or renaming if you wish to not lose the file entirely) /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/NetworkInterfaces.plist and rebooting.

-bth

This worked for me - thanks!

I thought everything was all right: ethernet was en0 Wifi en1, etc. But App Store did stop working at some point.

After deleting NetworkInterfaces.plist the system generated a new one, somewhat shorter version - and App store is back to normal.

Thanks!
Rudolf

Hey everyone,

I'm having the same problem. Here are the steps I followed:

bthall: I deleted NetworkInterfaces.plist and rebooted.
srsx:
- I have a very recent install of ML, using the Lnx2Mac RealtekRTL81xx kext in MultiBeast. (Should I use the Apple kext?)
- I verified the Serial Number as a "Early 2008 Mac Pro."
hotsandwichz: I have EthernetBuiltIn key/value pair in org.chameleon.Boot.plist.

Would not having a custom DSDT have an effect on the App Store not working?

Thanks!

I used the LNX2Mac drivers with no difficulty.

Did you remove all the interfaces in System Preferences -> Network before removing /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/NetworkInterfaces.plist?

After you reboot, you should add the built-in ethernet interface first in System Preferences, and then any others you may have.

Hi,

Another noob here, been doing lots of research rather bugging everyone here with simple questions, though, can't seem to resolve the app store 'unknown error has occurred' message.

System:

GA z77-up5-th
i7 3770k
EVGA 660 ti
16GB 1600mhz vengeance memory
TPL N900 Wifi Card

I've done all the recommended actions listed within this thread, i.e., deleted network interfaces etc... I also ran the LNX2MAC driver. I think the issue occurs as i'm connecting over wifi not via ethernet cable.

Please help! My Hackintosh is almost perfect, would love to have this issue resolved too!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back