Contribute
Register

Acer Aspire S3 Ultrabook WLAN and Bluetooth problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
That´s funny, it´s also chinese. Just the meaning is different. Means f...... :D

If you want i will send you both with a PM today. The loader and the wowpc.iso.
I do by this way, because i also use an Ubuntu distribution. So Win7 with BCDEdit can boot the Chameleon Loader and also my before installed Grub2 Linux loader.
Also you cannot install every Win7 Service Pack, if the Windows Loader is not in the root i found out.

Maybe you can send me some ALC269 kexts or instructions how to patch it?

Cheers

Hi,

May I know the model of your Acer Aspire S3 laptop?

Is it S3-951-6646 or S3-951-6432?

Do you have the steps and the image that you used to install to get OSX running on Acer Aspire S3?

Thank you very much!

Hi guys,

I just received mine and I'm struggling a little bit to get mine working.

Can you please advise how did you install it and which options did you chose on multibeast? kernel version?

Also, iIt would be great to be able to create a tuto for the aspire S3, as I believe a lot of peolple would like to have this ultrabook under osx!!!!

thanks,
Cheers

Hi,

I was actually able to install lion 10.7.0 to my S3 with the unibeast method, so pretty straightforward. :D
uhuuu!!!!!

The main issue I had was actually getting to run multibeast to run as the USB ports weren't functioning at first.

to be able transfert multibeast to the 320gb drive with a linuxlive installed on a USB drive.
I then installed a lot of stuff, and now I get the following working :
- restart
- power off
- USB
- HDMI video
- mouse (not as trackpad)
- keyboard (keys do not correspond perfectly yet, but I might getting a customized one soon)
-full graphics

What isn't working for now :
- audio (didn't try ALC269 as per samiu67 yet)
- wifi
- bluetooth ( it appear on my system pref. but doesn't work. I have chimere 1.7 installed - maybe that's why? - suggestions? it appear)
- sleep
- card reader
- battery level

Do you have sleep and audio working well??
Did you test bluetooth?
How about getting an internal wifi card instead of a wifi dongle? do you think that's possible or the card is onboard?

Well, hope it helps.

THanks for your comments/tips...

With a lot of help from samiu67 and bd4utonite2 I was finally able to get my system working.

everything is now working except for sleep. I'll try sleepenaler work out, and post it here.

I'll draft a little guide here this week to explain how I did it. It was actually pretty easy (when you know what to do!!! hahah)

cheers

dzelinsk said:
With a lot of help from samiu67 and bd4utonite2 I was finally able to get my system working.

everything is now working except for sleep. I'll try sleepenaler work out, and post it here.

I'll draft a little guide here this week to explain how I did it. It was actually pretty easy (when you know what to do!!! hahah)

cheers
First time poster here. :wave: I just got the Lenovo U300s ultrabook which has similar hardware. I'm looking forward to trying this out when I get a little time. Your guide would be amazing! I'm going to start working on mine when I get back home where I can use my macbook to help me.

First time here too, and I just received my S3 yesterday. I want to try Lion on it, but I'm a noob in hackintoshing...
So Dzelink, I look forward to your guide too! :thumbup:

Just got my Aspire S3 today. Dzelink, I'm also looking forward to your guide. This laptop is simply amazing... I can't wait to get OS X running on it.

Hi Guys,

I'm sorry for the delay....
I've had so much this week that I didn't have time to sit and write. If you need anything I've have a little bit more time this week end.

Anyway I found a few problems with a installation you should be aware of. One of the USB ports is not working. I don't know why.
I bought the AR5B195 wifi/bluetooth card from HP (combo malbec). The wifi works after using the attached kexts but I couldn't get the BT to work yet. It seem there's a solution but I didn't have the time to work on that.
Another thing is the trackpad, it's recognized as a mouse, so I don't have any scroll which is pretty annoying. Samui was able to get that working but with alternative kext.
Sleep is also an issue for now. But I didn't really try a solution yet.
Also, the HDMI sound is not working for me. The video is ok.

I've used unibeast method.
Once you finish the installation, reboot using the unibeast drive to boot on the drive you installed OSX.
use the combo update to 10.7.2. reboot.

Use multibeast 4.1 to install chimera 1.6 - I don't get everything working with 1.7
Install the basic stuff, macbook pro 8,1 definitions, fake SMC, PS/2keyboard, nullcpupowerman.., evoreboot, and don't forget to check system utilities. I think that all.
also install the osx86 software. it will be usefull.
Please let me know if you are using something different, and tell me your results.

reboot.
Using kext utility :
install voodoobattery.kext to have batery status
install the voodoohda attached for sound
for AR5B195 wifi use the file posted in this post : viewtopic.php?f=259&t=35475&hilit=AR5B195

Hope I didn't forget anything and hope it works for you.

You can have a fix for any of the issues above, please let me know!
enjoy!!

Attachments

• Working ALC269 !!!.rar
    1,004.6 KB · Views: 167
  • VoodooBattery.kext.zip
    37.3 KB · Views: 130
How did you partition your hard drive?

I have unibeast set up on a flash drive, but when I go to install OS X, I can't select a partition unless I reformat the entire drive with GUID. Will doing this erase my Windows 7 partition?

Did you have to re-install Windows 7 after installing OS X?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back