Contribute
Register

10.8.5 Update -> Revert back to 10.8.4 until USB drivers are fixed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Depends on how you made your backup!?

Well, I did a clean clone of the osx drive a replica of the one I'm currently using with no apps installed...but just a clean install. I was think I could just replace the /System folder with the backups /Systme folder and try to reinstall the 10.8.4 Combo Update to start the revert process :D. I hope this works? Unless you have a different way of doing so, thanks.

Well, I did a clean clone of the osx drive a replica of the one I'm currently using with no apps installed...but just a clean install. I was think I could just replace the /System folder with the backups /Systme folder and try to reinstall the 10.8.4 Combo Update to start the revert process :D. I hope this works? Unless you have a different way of doing so, thanks.

If you made a clone with Disk Utility, then just use Disk Utility from the OS X installer (using your Unibeast USB).

I don't think it is a good idea to restore only the /System folder. Unknown whether the new /Applications works with the old /System?? Better to clone the entire partition from backup.

If you made a clone with Disk Utility, then just use Disk Utility from the OS X installer (using your Unibeast USB).

I don't think it is a good idea to restore only the /System folder. Unknown whether the new /Applications works with the old /System?? Better to clone the entire partition from backup.

Disk Utility? Would this require Deleting the Partition of Drive that needs restoring 10.8.4 back or not? Because I don't want to risk reformatting all the Application I have installed, My BACKUP Clone on has the OSX 10.8.4 and not all the Applications of the working Drive that was compromise. I would be much greatful if you can show me the steps of doing through Disk Utility "Master" :clap:

Disk Utility? Would this require Deleting the Partition of Drive that needs restoring 10.8.4 back or not? Because I don't want to risk reformatting all the Application I have installed, My BACKUP Clone on has the OSX 10.8.4 and not all the Applications of the working Drive that was compromise. I would be much greatful if you can show me the steps of doing through Disk Utility "Master" :clap:

No deleting of partitions. Just restore from your clone to the partition you wish to overwrite.

I'm not sure what you mean by "My BACKUP Clone on has the OSX 10.8.4 and not all the Applications of the working Drive"?? When you make a clone of a volume, you have everything on that volume.

No deleting of partitions. Just restore from your clone to the partition you wish to overwrite.

I'm not sure what you mean by "My BACKUP Clone on has the OSX 10.8.4 and not all the Applications of the working Drive"?? When you make a clone of a volume, you have everything on that volume.

Okay, great... I got it.. Everything works back on 10.8.4... thank you for your help. Sorry, I was having difficulty explaining. I just don't want to mess things up. :crazy::clap:

I have a time machine backup of 10.8.4 is it possible to roll back to that without doing a total reinstall?

I am having an cannot parse plist file error have tried a million things and still getting error

I have a time machine backup of 10.8.4 is it possible to roll back to that without doing a total reinstall?

Yes, you can restore from a TM backup using your Unibeast USB to boot into the OS X installer.

I am having an cannot parse plist file error have tried a million things and still getting error

Which plist file? What component is writing the error?

I have a Gogabyte GA-H55M-USB3.
I already had a LAN problem where it wouldn't load internet right after boot, only after sending the machine to sleep, and then waking it up again.
Now when I wake it up to get interwebz, my whole hackintosh freezes. Is there any workaround for this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back