Contribute
Register

10.8.2 & AMD 68XX - New support??

Status
Not open for further replies.
When you removed the ATI6000 kext it's obviously not being used while installing with Unibeast, it no longer exist on the boot drive, that's why the process works! Of course since the kext doesn't exist, it's also not getting installed during the ML installation, therefore it needs to be added back after the install is complete.

Ok but I thought unibeast was using that system only to boot the flash drive, the actual ML installer is still a different file on the usb drive (the one you download from the app store) when you are done. And after I install ML the ATI6000Controller.kext is installed on the new OS.

For those who have a workin ML configuration considering to update...
What I did was plain simple procedures
1. carbon copy without any huge user files select only necessary
2. after carbon copy install chimera from multibeast, only chimera nothing else
3. boot from newly copied system and update to 10.8.2. You may update choosing any method you like both should work.
4 after update dont boot instead install the following from the old system 10.8.0 or 10.8.1
AppleHda.kext
ATI6000Controller.kext
ATI Framebuffer.kext
ATISupport.kext

Use kextneast fot these
and finally repair disk permission with Disk Utility
boot without any options as you would normally do.

This works also if installation from scratch you just need to follow steps from 4.)

I have dsdt and during update dvi & hdmi connected all the time but also hdmi audio worked over update.

Take care

Hi all, right now I am very frustated and I hope for a solution to get my "XFX 1GB D5 X HD6870 Dual Fan" fully supported under 10.8.2!

See the screenshot of my SYS-Profiler and you will see that I did not get rid of the "Radeon HD 6xxx" detection in Mountain Lion 10.8.2.
I tried all kind of things to bring it back to work with Adobe After Effects, therefor it should be deteted as a "Radeon HD 6870" in SYS-Profiler.
My Board is a Gigabyte EP-45 DS3.

What I have already done is:
I set the chameleon.org.boot.plist to ATI config, Duckweed, Ati Ports 4 (alos tried 5).
Tried that with GraphicsEnabler=yes and =no!

Tried to add the Vendor and Devide ID to AMDRadeonAccelerator.kext and ATI6000Controller.kext!

Tried to boot up with the ATISupport.kext, ATIFramebuffer.kext, ATI6000Controller.kext in S/L/E with i took from my 10.8.0 lion Installation Boot Stick.

Nill and Nothing did it so far.

So if anyone could help me please to find a way to bring it back to work, that would be great.
I am sick of spending another cpuple of hours of booting up and down to try and try over and over again.

BR,
derpuma

Attachments

• Bildschirmfoto-2012-10-28-um-13.55.28.jpg
    Bildschirmfoto-2012-10-28-um-13.55.28.jpg
    190.6 KB · Views: 346
Sorry for not being more clear - I did, indeed, mean the trouble with installing Mountain Lion.

From my understanding there were no issues with the AMD 68XX cards after installation...
ur graphics card isnt comeign out of power save mode this was an issue in lion aswell use system deffinition imac 12,2 and you wont have this problem

For power save mode, this was my fix.

*Use multibeast to change system definition to Mac Pro 5,1.

*Before rebooting, remove AppleTyMCEDriver.kext (location: /System/Library/Extensions/AppleTyMCEDriver.kext).

*Use system utility to repair disk permissions.

*Reboot.

After some reading I stumbled across a user who claimed that they had reduced performance from their AMD HD 6xxx graphics card after waking from sleep. I tested my machine and found the same symptoms.

Luxmark: 515 after restart; 65 after wake from sleep
OpenCL Oceanwave: 295 after restart; 85 after wake from sleep

I found another user who suggested changing the smbios to MacPro5,1. I tried that and it resulted in a kernel panic upon boot.

The real MacPro5,1 has ECC RAM and my Hackintosh does not have ECC RAM. The kernel extrnesion AppleTyMCEDriver.kext (location: /System/Library/Extensions/AppleTyMCEDriver.kext) checks for ECC RAM and causes a kernel panic when it does not find it.

To successfully change to the MacPro5,1 system definition, I had to delete AppleTyMCEDriver.kext before rebooting.

Now my Gigabyte HD 6850 performs the same after wake as it does on a fresh reboot.

For power save mode, this was my fix.

*Use multibeast to change system definition to Mac Pro 5,1.

*Before rebooting, remove AppleTyMCEDriver.kext (location: /System/Library/Extensions/AppleTyMCEDriver.kext).

*Use system utility to repair disk permissions.

*Reboot.
i tryed this but with mac pro 5,1 it has a warning saying my memory is installed in the wrong slots and that im not takeing advantage of running them in parrallel and i for a fact have them in the right slots i have two 4 gig and 2 2 gigs and there placed in every other slot

imac 12,2 was the best fit for me but i did have to install anti pop if i could use mac pro 5,1 that would be great so if u can advise about my memory situation i would appreciate it

@derpuma

Your PCIe Lane Width is x8, it should be x16. Check to see if anything else is sharing the PCI bus with your graphics card.

OK, manged it to get it on x16 now. It was a bios entry!
But this deals not with the detection! Still i could not get rid of the 6xxx... See screenshot below!

@derpuma

Your PCIe Lane Width is x8, it should be x16. Check to see if anything else is sharing the PCI bus with your graphics card.

How would you recommend me to check this out? I only have the GPU at the main GPU PCIe Slot an one mini eSata Card in X1 Slot.
But this shoulndt have somthing to do with the recognisation of the card.

Mind having a lock at my IORegistry File?

BR,
derpuma

Attachments

• ioregestryexplorer.zip
    577.6 KB · Views: 83
  • Bildschirmfoto 2012-10-29 um 08.16.32.png
    Bildschirmfoto 2012-10-29 um 08.16.32.png
    179.1 KB · Views: 289
i tryed this but with mac pro 5,1 it has a warning saying my memory is installed in the wrong slots and that im not takeing advantage of running them in parrallel and i for a fact have them in the right slots i have two 4 gig and 2 2 gigs and there placed in every other slot

I have never seen that error. I wonder if it is related to having different sizes of RAM. There may be another .kext that checks for that which could be deleted to eliminate that warning. If it were my system that would be something I would look into.

As a test, maybe just leave only the 2 4GB gig sticks installed and remove the 2 2GB sticks to see if the error goes away.

imac 12,2 was the best fit for me but i did have to install anti pop if i could use mac pro 5,1 that would be great so if u can advise about my memory situation i would appreciate it

This is the first I've heard of Anti Pop. I don't know if changing system definition would eliminate the need for that. I thought audio pops were more likely caused by improper .kext. but I am not fluent in that area.

how many monitors u have hooked up and are u useing dvi or hdmi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back