1. iOS

Stork's Batman Build
GA-P55M-UD4 - Core i7-875k - Gigabyte HD 5770 Batmobile -
Fractal Design Define Mini

definemini.jpg

Contents

Components

Gigabyte GA-P55M-UD4 Motherboard - Discontinued - eBay

Intel Core i7-875k Unlocked Processor (Out of Production) - eBay || Google Product Search

Scythe Mugen 2 Rev B CPU Cooler (SCMG-2100) - superseded by the Mugen 4 (SCMG-4000) - Amazon || Newegg

G.Skill ECO 8GB (2x2x2GB) 1.35v CL7 DDR3 1600 (F3-12800CL7D-4GBECO) - Discontinued at Amazon & Newegg - Google Product Search

Gigabyte Radeon HD 5770 GV-R577UD-1GD "Batmobile" (Out of Production) - eBay || Google Product Search
41zRe8WfA2L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

SanDisk Extreme 120GB SSD with Toggle NAND (fast) memory - Amazon || Newegg

Samsung Spinpoint 1TB F3 HD103SJ - Discontinued - See tonymacx86 Buyer's Guide for recommended drive.

SeaSonic S12II 620 Bronze 620W V2.91 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Power Supply - Amazon || Newegg

Fractal Design Define Mini Case - Newegg

LG Black 10X BD-ROM 16X DVD-ROM SATA Internal Blu-ray Disc Combo Model UH10LS20 LightScribe Support - OEM - Now superseded by a newer model Amazon || Newegg

Logitech K750 Mac Edition Solar Keyboard - Amazon | Newegg | Logitech

Apple Wireless Keyboard MC184LL/B - Amazon || Newegg || Apple Store

Apple Magic Mouse - Amazon | Newegg | Apple Store

Apple Magic Trackpad - Amazon || Newegg || Apple Store

Targus ACB10US1 USB Bluetooth Dongle Adapter - Amzaon || tonymacx86 Buyer's Guide

Already Owned:

HP ZR24W Display with DVI, DisplayPort, HDMI, VGA and USB interfaces - Discontinued My bad eyes require a crisp, IPS LCD monitor. Got this gem via eBay, "new in the box". :thumbup:

Seagate Barracuda 500 GB ST3500413AS - Discontinued - See tonymacx86 Buyer's Guide for recommended drive.

Apple Macintosh OS X Snow Leopard Family Pack Apple

Apple OS X Mountain Lion @ Mac Apps Store - Apple

Apple iLife 11 and iWork 09 Family Packs. - These programs are sold individual rather an as a DVD package on the Apple Mac App Store (MAS)

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium Family Pack. - Amazon || Newegg

Comments:

Summary
This is the 2nd Hackintosh I built using the tonymacx86 guides and software. I've nicknamed this build "Batman" because of the Gigabyte 5770 graphics card whose fan shroud looks like Batman's Batmobile (see picture above). Batman is currently running Mountain Lion with sleep/wake-up fully working along with iMessages.

Background
Originally, this system was built in the Spring of 2011 using the Budget Power Build 1 from tonymacx86's Building a CustoMac: Three Complete PC Builds for OS X (2010). At that time, the tonymacx86 Forum had the procedure for loading Snow Leopard and Windows in a dual boot mode down pat, using Dual Boot Windows 7 and OS X Snow Leopard and the companion iBoot+MultiBeast installation method for installing Snow Leopard (SL). This procedure has now superseded by Simplest Mac OS X Installation Guide.

The Gigabyte HD 5770 "Batmobile" graphics card was part of an enhancement at the time of the initial build. The card is a great graphics card even today because of it's ability to work Out of the Box (OOB) with Snow Leopard, Lion and Mountain Lion. In late 2010, the Gigabyte Batmobile was a favorite of the tonymacx86 Moderators. I wanted a more robust graphics card the capability/flexibility of HDMI, DisplayPort and dual DVI output. Additionally, when I bought it in late January 2011, the Batmobile was probably at the lowest price before being discontinued. Now, you're lucky if you can find one on eBay.

A Logitech Solar K750 Mac Keyboard, an Apple wireless keyboard, an Apple TrackPad and an Apple Mighty Mouse complete the system. Rather than extoll the Logitech K750 keyobard's virtues here, I refer you to this review by eelhead: http://www.tonymacx86.com/articles/...ogitech-wireless-solar-keyboard-k750-mac.html.

In April 2013, I did a fresh installation of Mountain Lion 10.8.3, following the tonymacx86 UniBeast Guide and eventually updating to 10.8.5 in the Summer of 2013. Now, in November, 2013, it's time for Mavericks!

Installation

For the El Capitan Installation procedures, see Post #47. :thumbup:

The following is the installation procedures for Mavericks. These procedures may get updated in the future.

This installation for the Batman configuration was done "over" Mountain Lion 10.8.5 installation. (If you're updating from 10.9.4 to 10.9.5, see my post here for the update procedure.)
  • Make sure your BIOS is the current version F11;
  • Prepare the UniBeast USB thumb drive per the UniBeast for Mavericks (see guides menu at the top of this page);
  • Download MultiBeast for Mavericks and the DSDT for the P55M-UD4 BIOS version F11 from the DSDT Database - copy both to your UniBeast USB thumb drive;
  • Insert the UniBeast USB thumb drive into one of the P55M-UD4's Back Panel's USB ports;
  • Boot into the BIOS and set up the P55M-UD4's BIOS per the tonymacx86 iBoot+MultiBeast installation method Step 1 screen shots (only);
  • Before leaving the BIOS, in the Advanced BIOS Features, set the Hard Disk Boot Priority and First Boot Device to your UniBeast USB thumb drive;
  • Save your BIOS configuration (F10) and boot into the UniBeast USB thumb drive;
I have attached Batman's MultiBeast for Mavericks file at the end of this post.

MultiBeast for Mavericks
70619-mb-6-1.png

Select the UserDSDT and then select the DSDT.aml
74350-batman-mb-6-2.jpg

Select the P55M-UD4 Audio Driver
74351-batman-mb-6-3.png

Select the FakeSMC Plugins
74352-batman-mb-6-4.png

Select theP55M-UD4 Ethernet Driver
74353-batman-mb-6-5.png

Save the P55M-UD4 MultiBeast for Mavericks Configuration (Option) and Install
74829-batman-mb-6-6.png
Lastly, reboot into the BIOS and reset the Advanced BIOS Features' Hard Disk Boot Priority and First Boot Device to your Mavericks boot disk. Booting into Mavericks, use the Disk Utility in /Applications/Utilities to Repair Permissions. Enjoy!

Summary

Unlike Mountain Lion, Lion and Snow Leopard installations, the default GraphicsEnabler=No works for the AMD/ATI Radeon HD 5770 graphics card. (See tonymacx86's http://www.tonymacx86.com/basics/116220-do-i-need-graphicsenabler-injection-not.html for more information.) So, the installation process is much simpler. Sleep/wake-up works, too.

Benchmarks

Here's the LuxMark v2.1 OpenCL benchmark:
74349-batman-mav-1-9-0-luxmark2-1.png

Updates
April 09, 2016: Documented the Installation of El Capitan. See Post #47. Also added table of content for this build description at the top of page.

Attachments

• Batman MB601.mb
    4.7 KB · Views: 346
Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Stork's 2nd Build - GA-P55M-UD4 - Core i7-875k - Not SB

Sweet! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Starting to feel like I need to buy components again. :)

RTK,

Thanks. Although I didn't install SL/Lion this way, I could have cloned my P55M-UD2 build, and, then, once in the hard drive was connected to the -UD4, all I would have to do is:
  • - Boot the computer with iBoot;
    - use MultiBeast to install the UD4 DSDT;
    - take out the iBoot CD; and
    - reboot into SL/Lion.
Simple as falling off a log. :lol: :thumbup:

BTW, F11 is the latest BIOS for the P55M-UD4.

does the batmobile works in lion?
thanks

Stork said:
BTW, F11 is the latest BIOS for the P55M-UD4.
Yeah, I know. I initially "upgraded" to the F11 BIOS but I was having USB issues so I flashed back to F9 and they went away. I wrote about this in my initial build post. viewtopic.php?f=54&t=14518&start=0

Badaboum03 said:
does the batmobile works in lion?
thanks
Yes, without any problems. As a matter of fact, this build uses the same MultiBeast configuration as my 1st build. Tonymacx86 remarked that the Gigabyte P55M series mobo's are the easiest to adapt to make a Hackintosh.

Sorry to reply a month later. I forgot to subscribe to my own thread. :eek:

One of the best cases out there [Cooler Master Elite 341]. I would've gotten it, but I decided air flow was more important (Cooler Master HAF 922)

sbl03 said:
One of the best cases out there[Cooler Master Elite 341]. I would've gotten it, but I decided air flow was more important (Cooler Master HAF 922)

I am looking at the HAF cases, how do u rate ?

Macsure said:
sbl03 said:
One of the best cases out there [Cooler Master Elite 341]. I would've gotten it, but I decided air flow was more important (Cooler Master HAF 922)

I am looking at the HAF cases, how do u rate ?
I would post your question in the Buying Advice forum section as I am unfamiliar with the HAF 922.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back