Classic Mac
  1. Performa
  2. Power Mac
  3. PowerBook
  4. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey guys,

thought I´d share the progress of my virgin Hackintosh project, so here are a few pics and a bit of info.
I knew I wanted something different from my Mac Pro, but every case I found seemed like a cheap knock-off or had zero charisma whatsoever.

After a loooong search, I finally fell in love with a case for my project; the Corsair Vengeance C70 Army Green. It´s a military themed case to begin with, but as I began to unpack the ingredients for my build, I got more and more displeased with the standard look. I felt the case deserved something more.
Since I just don´t have the time to spend weeks on a custom mod, I pulled out my paints and SFX materials to give it a quick overhaul. No new parts or radical changes on the case itself; just a paintjob.
Since I am addicted to zombies and old, weathered materials I knew it had to look old and rusty.
Probably like something from a secret military nuclear test facility.
On top of that I wanted to integrate something personal - both for fun and to make the machine a bit less attractive for potential thieves.

The build itself is by NO stretch of the imagination an attempt to compete with the really cool modders out there. I just wanted to get a more personal look in a minimal amount of time.

As I write this, the main case is drying, and I still need to add a few details to the front.
Meanwhile you can take a look at where I am right now.
More pics will follow as I move along.

foto 2 kopi.JPG
The effect process is pretty simple:
1) I spray a coat of brown on most of the area
2) Dip a yarn/string-like material into gold, black and copper colors
3) Apply unevenly, smudge a bit, let it dry - repeat if necessary

foto 1 kopi.JPG
One of the case sides after a coat of SFX gold

foto 1 kopi 2.JPGfoto 2 kopi 2.JPGfoto 3 kopi 2.JPGfoto 3 kopi.JPGfoto 3.JPGfoto 4 kopi.JPGfoto 4.JPGfoto 5 kopi.JPG

A few close-ups of the paintwork.
I apologize if the images are turned the wrong way - for some reason the uploading function turns all images into landscape orientation.

foto 2 kopi 3.JPGfoto 4 kopi 2.JPG
Just finished the main work on the front.
I still need to install bays for the DVD (unless I make it "stealth") and cardreader.
That happens when everything is completely dry.

Any updates on your build? I'm also thinking of using this case and just wondered if you had any issues with it?

Very cool, I have the same case. Looking to age mine naturally though. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back