1. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    13
    System
    H55M-S2V-F3
    CPU
    i3-540
    Graphics
    MSI N8400GS
    Online
    chass is offline
    #1

    ML boot on GA-H55M-S2V hangs at [PCI Configuration Begin]


    I'm not sure if this is the proper place to post this, but I am posting it here based on MacMan's instruction in the 8th page of comments for "MultiBeast 5.0 for Mountain Lion". I also posted it in the comments for "UniBeast: Install OS X Mountain Lion on Any Supported Intel-based PC" as that seemed to be tonymacx86's request on the "Updated Mountain Lion Installation Guide Now Available" page.

    ---------------------------
    I'm running a GA-H55M-S2V with a i3 540, and MSI N8400GS-D512H graphics. I tried to perform an update to my 10.7.4 machine, and have no problem installing ML using UniBeast 1.5.3. However, when I try to boot into the ML updated drive using UniBeast, I am getting a hang at [PCI Configuration Begin].

    I tried the NPCI=0x3000 boot flag, but this caused the boot to hang 2 lines earlier than before. I then booted into my backup 10.7.4 lion instance and ran MultiBeast 5.0.2 against the 10.8 instance, but this didn't seem to help either. I used the appropriate DSDT when running MultiBeast, but I am not sure whether or not running MultiBeast against a drive that you are currently not booted into is a supported/recommended use of MB. I figured it couldn't hurt to try.

    I should point out that I selected "Legacy USB Support" in UniBeast, as my MB is a Socket 1156. I couldn't find the way to determine if my MB had a rate matching hub, and so I erred on the side of caution.

    Any ideas on what I should try next in order to be able to boot into 10.8? Prior to ML, I haven't had a single install issue with this machine, since 10.6.3 (if memory serves, that was the my first hackintosh OS nearly 2 years ago).

    Thanks very much!

  2. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    37
    System
    Mountain Lion (OSX 10.8)
    CPU
    i5 750
    Graphics
    GTX 460 1gb v2
    Online
    starbot is offline
    #2

    ML boot on GA-H55M-S2V hangs at [PCI Configuration Begin]


    I have a GA-H55M-USB3 board, and I had the same issue with a clean install. I used Multibeast 5.0.2 and only checked the "UserDSDT or DSDT-Free Installation" option (DSDT.aml for my board placed on desktop).

    In verbose boot, the system halted at PCI Configuration. Like you, I used the npci=0x3000 flag to get past it, but the system continued to halt elsewhere.

    Unibeast boots and installs just fine, and I can have almost a completely working system by using Unibeast to boot. The only way I'm able to load my system is by showing hidden files and copying the Extra folder from the Unibeast boot USB drive and copying it into my system. I installed Chimera and an audio driver, and everything else works fine.

    In OSX 10.7, I didn't have issues installing a DSDT with Multibeast 4.6.1.
    i5 750 2.66 : GIGABYTE GA-H55M-USB3
    4GB - G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 4GB : Crucial m4 SSD 512GB
    MSI GTX 460 1GB v2

  3. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    13
    System
    H55M-S2V-F3
    CPU
    i3-540
    Graphics
    MSI N8400GS
    Online
    chass is offline
    #3

    ML boot on GA-H55M-S2V hangs at [PCI Configuration Begin]


    Could you explain what you mean by "showing hidden files"? Is that a function available via the UniBeast bootloader screen? Instead of just typing in boot flags, there is a function I can use to 'show hidden files'? (Perhaps this will become painfully obvious to me once I get home from work and fire up UniBeast...)

    And from there there is a UI that allows you to copy over files, or do you use a command line to scp or the like?

    Thanks for the info! Hopefully we can get to the root cause. I'm wondering if our MB's are too old to be worth continuing to support in MultiBeast, etc?

  4. Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    13
    System
    z77x-ud5h, thematake watercooler, wdn 4800 wireless, LG blu ray drive, m4 ssd, 4gb raid
    CPU
    3770k I7 3rd gen
    Graphics
    integrated
    Online
    wahvtec is offline
    iPhone MacBook Pro Mac Pro
    #4

    ML boot on GA-H55M-S2V hangs at [PCI Configuration Begin]


    go to downloads section of this website and look up show all files, download that app and click show or hide

  5. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    13
    System
    H55M-S2V-F3
    CPU
    i3-540
    Graphics
    MSI N8400GS
    Online
    chass is offline
    #5

    ML boot on GA-H55M-S2V hangs at [PCI Configuration Begin]


    Oh, so it's a util that executes the unix commands "defaults write com.apple.Finder AppleShowAllFiles YES" and "defaults write com.apple.Finder AppleShowAllFiles NO"?

    If so, than utilizing that would necessitate my being able to boot into my 10.8 drive and get past the [PCI Configuration Begin] hang during load, wouldn't it?

    I must have misinterpreted starbot- I thought he had been able to boot into his 10.8 drive after using "show hidden commands" from within UniBeast prior to booting into the 10.8 instance in order to copy files between the USB and the 10.8 drive he was trying to boot into.

    I'm still at a loss as to what I need to do to not have my (by all other appearances successful) 10.8 install hang at [PCI Configuration Begin].

    Has anyone else had a similar experience and been able to solve the underlying issue?

    Thanks!

  6. Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    4
    System
    GigaByte GA-H55M-USB3
    CPU
    1156 I3 3.2
    Graphics
    Gigabyte NVIDIA 8400GS
    Online
    akitabear is offline
    #6

    ML boot on GA-H55M-S2V hangs at [PCI Configuration Begin]


    I have the same issues with MultiBeast 5.0.2 Installing ML onto a GA-H55M-USB3. I can get into ML in Safe Mode but cannot install any items, except for Chimera using MultiBeast.

  7. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    37
    System
    Mountain Lion (OSX 10.8)
    CPU
    i5 750
    Graphics
    GTX 460 1gb v2
    Online
    starbot is offline
    #7

    ML boot on GA-H55M-S2V hangs at [PCI Configuration Begin]


    Quote Originally Posted by chass View Post
    Oh, so it's a util that executes the unix commands "defaults write com.apple.Finder AppleShowAllFiles YES" and "defaults write com.apple.Finder AppleShowAllFiles NO"?

    If so, than utilizing that would necessitate my being able to boot into my 10.8 drive and get past the [PCI Configuration Begin] hang during load, wouldn't it?

    I must have misinterpreted starbot- I thought he had been able to boot into his 10.8 drive after using "show hidden commands" from within UniBeast prior to booting into the 10.8 instance in order to copy files between the USB and the 10.8 drive he was trying to boot into.

    I'm still at a loss as to what I need to do to not have my (by all other appearances successful) 10.8 install hang at [PCI Configuration Begin].

    Has anyone else had a similar experience and been able to solve the underlying issue?

    Thanks!
    After a fresh installation, I can get almost everything on my system working by simply booting from Unibeast and then selecting my OSX installation.

    I used the unix command to show hidden files so that I could view what was on the Unibeast USB. Off the top of my head, here are the basic steps that I did to get my system working without needing the Unibeast USB drive:

    1) Complete fresh installation of Mountain Lion
    2) Boot into new installation of ML with Unibeast USB drive
    3) Show hidden files with unix command
    4) Open up USB drive to reveal "Extra" folder (it will no longer be hidden)
    5) Copy "Extra" folder from USB onto the root of the installed drive (e.g. Macintosh HD)
    6) Install ONLY Chimera from Multibeast or other source
    7) Repair permissions
    8) Reboot

    This works for me because everything else works out of the box, except for audio. To get audio working, I opened up Multibeast and only installed the kexts needed for audio.

    Since the bootscreen looks like Unibeast, I ran Multibeast later on to ONLY install the Tonymac theme. I also tweaked my plist so that I could have a "Timeout" string (this will automatically boot after X amount of seconds).

    Note that the above method doesn't use a DSDT. For my GA-H55M-USB3 F11, I could never get my system to boot properly.
    i5 750 2.66 : GIGABYTE GA-H55M-USB3
    4GB - G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 4GB : Crucial m4 SSD 512GB
    MSI GTX 460 1GB v2

  8. Administrator
      
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    7,192
    System
    GA-Z77X-UP5 TH
    CPU
    Core i7-3770K
    Graphics
    GTX 670
    Online
    MacMan is offline
    Android Phone MacBook Pro PowerMac PowerBook
    #8

    ML boot on GA-H55M-S2V hangs at [PCI Configuration Begin]


    Quote Originally Posted by starbot View Post
    After a fresh installation, I can get almost everything on my system working by simply booting from Unibeast and then selecting my OSX installation.

    I used the unix command to show hidden files so that I could view what was on the Unibeast USB. Off the top of my head, here are the basic steps that I did to get my system working without needing the Unibeast USB drive:

    1) Complete fresh installation of Mountain Lion
    2) Boot into new installation of ML with Unibeast USB drive
    3) Show hidden files with unix command
    4) Open up USB drive to reveal "Extra" folder (it will no longer be hidden)
    5) Copy "Extra" folder from USB onto the root of the installed drive (e.g. Macintosh HD)
    6) Install ONLY Chimera from Multibeast or other source
    7) Repair permissions
    8) Reboot

    This works for me because everything else works out of the box, except for audio. To get audio working, I opened up Multibeast and only installed the kexts needed for audio.

    Since the bootscreen looks like Unibeast, I ran Multibeast later on to ONLY install the Tonymac theme. I also tweaked my plist so that I could have a "Timeout" string (this will automatically boot after X amount of seconds).

    Note that the above method doesn't use a DSDT. For my GA-H55M-USB3 F11, I could never get my system to boot properly.
    Copying the contents of the UniBeast /Extra directory is not recommended or supported. The files in UniBeast /Extra are special and are just for use in UniBeast for installing a system, not for long term use.

  9. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    24
    System
    GA-H87-D3H Rev1.0 F5 Bios
    CPU
    Core i5-4570
    Graphics
    integrated Intel HD4600
    Online
    stwkan is offline
    PowerMac
    #9

    ML boot on GA-H55M-S2V hangs at [PCI Configuration Begin]


    My GA-H55M-USB3 has the same problem struck at [PCI Configuration Begin] when boot from Mountain Lion Unibeast USB thumb drive.

    If I recall my original Snow Leopard installation, there were a couple of kext files (I think it were ACPI & IO) needed to be removed in /System/Library/Extensions. Anyone recall the details?

  10. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    37
    System
    Mountain Lion (OSX 10.8)
    CPU
    i5 750
    Graphics
    GTX 460 1gb v2
    Online
    starbot is offline
    #10

    ML boot on GA-H55M-S2V hangs at [PCI Configuration Begin]


    Quote Originally Posted by MacMan View Post
    Copying the contents of the UniBeast /Extra directory is not recommended or supported. The files in UniBeast /Extra are special and are just for use in UniBeast for installing a system, not for long term use.
    MacMan,

    It's not supported but it's the only way I can get my OSX to boot. Multibeast 4.6.1 and Multibeast 5.0.2 both cannot get my system to boot my GA-H55M-USB3 (UserDSDT and EasyBeast).

    Do you have a possible solution to this issue? It seems there's a group of GA-H55 boards that don't seem to work with DSDT + Multibeast in ML. I've even updated my bios and used the matching dsdt from the database with no luck.
    i5 750 2.66 : GIGABYTE GA-H55M-USB3
    4GB - G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 4GB : Crucial m4 SSD 512GB
    MSI GTX 460 1GB v2

  11. Similar Threads:

Page 1 of 3 123 Last