[GUIDE] Ga H77m D3H / i5 3450 / GTX 560 (w/out DSDT)
I installed Mountain Lion 10.8.2 successully today on my Hackintosh.
Apple OS X Mountain Lion 1.8.2
Gigabyte Ga H77M D3H (mATX cause of casemodding a G5)
Intel Core i5 3450
Gainward GTX 560 (nonti) (natively supported !! no extra kexts !)
Kingston Value Ram 16GB 1333MHz (4x4 GB)
cheap Samsung CD/DVD burner
Seagate Barracuda 250 GB (sry no link, cant find it, any Seagate is perfect)
Acer 22" TFT LCD (sry no link, isnt built any more)
Mouse + Keyboard:
Logitech Mouse + Genius MM Keyboard
+ USB 3.0 with USB 2.0 devices (only mouse + keyboard anything else doesnt seem to work, not tested yet with USB 3.0 devices)
+ Audio (USB and AUX)
all the rest
Software i used to get things work:
Additional hardware i used:
2 x USB flash drive (8 GB each)
If you built your PC all new and it wont boot or it bootloops then check out your BIOS version. Gigabyte delivers its mobo's with F4; Ivy's need at least F5. Dont even try F5 or F7, it wont work properly as i tested myself. If you already updated your BIOS skip to...
- You will need a working Copy of Windows to unzip the downloaded *.exe file.
- Prepare another USB stick under Windows. Format with FAT32.
- Download F9 BIOS from Gigabyte.
- Unzip the *.exe folder of your BIOS (7zip is a good tool).
- Copy the *.f9 File to the stick.
- Reboot your PC and go to your BIOS by pressing "DEL" on the startup.
- Navigate to "Advanced Settings" and click on "Q Flash".
- Disable "Keep DMI Data". Then click on "Update BIOS from Drive" and select your USB stick.
- Select the *.f9 file.
- Congrats you have successfully updated your BIOS to F9 !
Now we can start the OS X install.
! CAUTION !
in order to get the installion starting dont miss these steps:
- Sata config must be in AHCI not IDE !
- Use 4GB Ram or less !
- Unplugg your graphic card!
Prepare your other USB flash drive with UniBeast. How you get this done is shown here. follow till step 17 under STEP 2.
you dont necessarily need internet. just copie your downloaded Multibeast ZIP onto the same USB stick you used for prepairing ML installation.
- Plug your USB to your computer and boot.
- Hit F12 on startup to get to the bootmanager. select your USB device.
- wait until UniBeast screen shows up. Choose your USB with ML install and hit enter.
- Follow the Instructions till you come to choose on which HDD you want to install ML.
- Open Disk Utility. Select "Delete" and format your HDD. You can use the guide here at STEP 3. follow till step 8.
- Wait till OS X ML is installed (depending on your system. it took me about 20 minutes). Then reboot your PC.
- Hit F12 on startup and boot from your USB. But now choose your HDD you just installed ML. Let it boot.
- Follow the instructions to complete your OS X installation.
- You should now be on your Desktop. Great !
- Open your USB device and copy the Multibeast ZIP or folder onto your desktop.
- Open MultiBeast and confirm everything till you get to where you can choose the kexts. ONLY click on the following kexts and complete the Multibeast installation:
- UserDSDT or DSDT-Free Installation
- VoodooHDA VT2021 0.2.7.2
- maolj's AtherosL1cEthernet
[EDIT: I WILL AD MULTIBEAST PICS IN 1 OR 2 DAYS]
Unplugg USB and reboot your PC. Let it boot normally. You should now have a working copy of OS X ML !
The last step(s): plugin the rest of your Ram, if you have any, and plugin your graphic card. it is supported natively. You dont need to install any kexts !
Big Thanks to tonymacx86 !