1. Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    630
    System
    HP ProBook 4530s OS X 10.9.4 BIOS F.41
    CPU
    Intel Core i5-2450M
    Graphics
    Intel HD 3000 / AMD Radeon HD 7470M
    Geekbench Score
    6520
    Online
    Joyfult is offline
    iPhone
    #661

    HP ProBook Installer 6


    Quote Originally Posted by philip_petev View Post
    Let me see:

    1. This fix.
    2. Chimera 2.0.1
    3. VoodooPS2Controller 1.8.x (when it's done)
    4. The USB 3.0 patched kext.

    I think there are quite enough updates, but I think I'll wait until the 1O.8.3 update.
    Nice philip_petev! though it seems to be a long wait (Apple have released the 12th beta (12D74) yesterday).
    We could look for FakeSMC updates and other stuff too (if any).

    Thanks!

  2. Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    630
    System
    HP ProBook 4530s OS X 10.9.4 BIOS F.41
    CPU
    Intel Core i5-2450M
    Graphics
    Intel HD 3000 / AMD Radeon HD 7470M
    Geekbench Score
    6520
    Online
    Joyfult is offline
    iPhone
    #662

    HP ProBook Installer 6


    Quote Originally Posted by philip_petev View Post
    Let me see:

    1. This fix.
    2. Chimera 2.0.1
    3. VoodooPS2Controller 1.8.x (when it's done)
    4. The USB 3.0 patched kext.
    Edit: 5. Chameleon Wizard 4.2.1
    Edit: 6. kozlek's FakeSMC with RehabMan's enhancements.

    I think there are quite enough updates, but I think I'll wait until the 1O.8.3 update.
    Phil, 5 of 6 updates, are already available (just the voodoops2controller is not in his final version).
    I understand you want to wait till the 10.8.3 release, but maybe some files (like the usb 3.0 patched kext) are possibly not fully compatibles with it.
    BTW, what change with this new FakeSMC version?

    Thanks in advance!

  3. Moderator
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    38,254
    System
    Intel DH67BL/HP ProBook 4530s
    CPU
    Core i7-2600K/Core i3-2310m
    Graphics
    Intel HD 3000
    Geekbench Score
    11641
    Online
    RehabMan is online now
    iPhone MacBook Air
    #663

    HP ProBook Installer 6


    Quote Originally Posted by Joyfult View Post
    Phil, 5 of 6 updates, are already available (just the voodoops2controller is not in his final version).
    I understand you want to wait till the 10.8.3 release, but maybe some files (like the usb 3.0 patched kext) are possibly not fully compatibles with it.
    We won't know until it is released.

    BTW, what change with this new FakeSMC version?
    Mostly I've just been fixing bugs that affect our Probook's... I hope to put out a beta (soon) for everyone to try.
    Laptop#1: HP ProBook 4540s D8C12UT (1080p), i5-3230m, BIOS F.43: OS X 10.9.4/10.7.5/Win81.
    Laptop#2: Lenovo U430 Touch, i7-4500U: OS X 10.9.4/10.8.5/Win81.
    Desktop: DIY Intel DH67GD, Core i7-2600K, Dell U3011+U2001FP: 10.9.4/10.7.5/Win7/Win81/Ubuntu12.10.
    Projects || Blog

  4. Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    630
    System
    HP ProBook 4530s OS X 10.9.4 BIOS F.41
    CPU
    Intel Core i5-2450M
    Graphics
    Intel HD 3000 / AMD Radeon HD 7470M
    Geekbench Score
    6520
    Online
    Joyfult is offline
    iPhone
    #664

    HP ProBook Installer 6


    Quote Originally Posted by RehabMan View Post
    We won't know until it is released.
    Well said!

    Quote Originally Posted by RehabMan View Post
    Mostly I've just been fixing bugs that affect our Probook's... I hope to put out a beta (soon) for everyone to try.
    Bugs like? Where I can get more informations about it, please?


    Thanks!

  5. Moderator
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    38,254
    System
    Intel DH67BL/HP ProBook 4530s
    CPU
    Core i7-2600K/Core i3-2310m
    Graphics
    Intel HD 3000
    Geekbench Score
    11641
    Online
    RehabMan is online now
    iPhone MacBook Air
    #665

    HP ProBook Installer 6


    Quote Originally Posted by Joyfult View Post
    Bugs like? Where I can get more informations about it, please?
    If you want to keep up with that sort of stuff, look at the Issues on github: https://github.com/kozlek/HWSensors/issues?state=open

    But when I started trying to use kozlek's FakeSMC, it didn't work at all on our laptops... I've been using mine now for the past month or so, and so have a few others. Note that kozlek's branch is fairly rewritten from slice's branch (which is what we've been using up 'til now). A couple of months ago, Multibeast made the move to kozlek's branch and I'm hoping to do the same w/ the Probook. We'll see how it goes.
    Laptop#1: HP ProBook 4540s D8C12UT (1080p), i5-3230m, BIOS F.43: OS X 10.9.4/10.7.5/Win81.
    Laptop#2: Lenovo U430 Touch, i7-4500U: OS X 10.9.4/10.8.5/Win81.
    Desktop: DIY Intel DH67GD, Core i7-2600K, Dell U3011+U2001FP: 10.9.4/10.7.5/Win7/Win81/Ubuntu12.10.
    Projects || Blog

  6. Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    630
    System
    HP ProBook 4530s OS X 10.9.4 BIOS F.41
    CPU
    Intel Core i5-2450M
    Graphics
    Intel HD 3000 / AMD Radeon HD 7470M
    Geekbench Score
    6520
    Online
    Joyfult is offline
    iPhone
    #666

    HP ProBook Installer 6


    Quote Originally Posted by RehabMan View Post
    If you want to keep up with that sort of stuff, look at the Issues on github: https://github.com/kozlek/HWSensors/issues?state=open

    But when I started trying to use kozlek's FakeSMC, it didn't work at all on our laptops... I've been using mine now for the past month or so, and so have a few others. Note that kozlek's branch is fairly rewritten from slice's branch (which is what we've been using up 'til now). A couple of months ago, Multibeast made the move to kozlek's branch and I'm hoping to do the same w/ the Probook. We'll see how it goes.
    So the kozlek's one is an improved (bettered) slice's version, right?
    Multibeast moved to the kozlek's branch because (maybe) is the best one at the moment?

    I hope I'm not making annoying questions!


    Thanks RM!

  7. Moderator
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    38,254
    System
    Intel DH67BL/HP ProBook 4530s
    CPU
    Core i7-2600K/Core i3-2310m
    Graphics
    Intel HD 3000
    Geekbench Score
    11641
    Online
    RehabMan is online now
    iPhone MacBook Air
    #667

    HP ProBook Installer 6


    Quote Originally Posted by Joyfult View Post
    So the kozlek's one is an improved (bettered) slice's version, right?
    It is debatable, really. Kozlek's has had more work to the HwMonitor app, and the plugins are simpler (refactored to have less plugins with wider support for hardware). We only use two PlugIns on the Probook...

    Multibeast moved to the kozlek's branch because (maybe) is the best one at the moment?
    I'm really not sure of the reasoning. But certainly at the time of the move, kozlek's version was being more actively developed... Lately, slice has really picked up the pace and started to churn the code a bit. It is confusing though, because he'd making changes to both version 3 and version 4 (so far we've been using v4 slice)

    We can use either version at this point, although I haven't tested some of the latest changes slice has made...
    Laptop#1: HP ProBook 4540s D8C12UT (1080p), i5-3230m, BIOS F.43: OS X 10.9.4/10.7.5/Win81.
    Laptop#2: Lenovo U430 Touch, i7-4500U: OS X 10.9.4/10.8.5/Win81.
    Desktop: DIY Intel DH67GD, Core i7-2600K, Dell U3011+U2001FP: 10.9.4/10.7.5/Win7/Win81/Ubuntu12.10.
    Projects || Blog

  8. Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    121
    System
    10.8.4
    CPU
    i3-2330M
    Graphics
    HD3000 512MB
    Online
    blaraka is offline
    iPhone
    #668

    HP ProBook Installer 6


    Zenit432 patched AppleUSBXHCI definitely should make its way to Installer. Faster and way more reliable than PXHCD for me;]
    HP 4330s, i3 2330M 2.2 Ghz, 8GB RAM 1333Mhz, HD 3000 512 MB, 320GB 7200rpm, USB3, BIOSF40 / OS X 10.8.4

  9. Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    630
    System
    HP ProBook 4530s OS X 10.9.4 BIOS F.41
    CPU
    Intel Core i5-2450M
    Graphics
    Intel HD 3000 / AMD Radeon HD 7470M
    Geekbench Score
    6520
    Online
    Joyfult is offline
    iPhone
    #669

    HP ProBook Installer 6


    Quote Originally Posted by RehabMan View Post
    It is debatable, really. Kozlek's has had more work to the HwMonitor app, and the plugins are simpler (refactored to have less plugins with wider support for hardware). We only use two PlugIns on the Probook...



    I'm really not sure of the reasoning. But certainly at the time of the move, kozlek's version was being more actively developed... Lately, slice has really picked up the pace and started to churn the code a bit. It is confusing though, because he'd making changes to both version 3 and version 4 (so far we've been using v4 slice)

    We can use either version at this point, although I haven't tested some of the latest changes slice has made...
    RM, is possible to create a new version that mix the best things (for our probooks) from both branches (slice's and kozlek's)?

    Thanks!

  10. Moderator
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    38,254
    System
    Intel DH67BL/HP ProBook 4530s
    CPU
    Core i7-2600K/Core i3-2310m
    Graphics
    Intel HD 3000
    Geekbench Score
    11641
    Online
    RehabMan is online now
    iPhone MacBook Air
    #670

    HP ProBook Installer 6


    Quote Originally Posted by Joyfult View Post
    RM, is possible to create a new version that mix the best things (for our probooks) from both branches (slice's and kozlek's)?

    Thanks!
    Possible, but not really necessary. More likely something to be done as such "best things" are identified...
    Laptop#1: HP ProBook 4540s D8C12UT (1080p), i5-3230m, BIOS F.43: OS X 10.9.4/10.7.5/Win81.
    Laptop#2: Lenovo U430 Touch, i7-4500U: OS X 10.9.4/10.8.5/Win81.
    Desktop: DIY Intel DH67GD, Core i7-2600K, Dell U3011+U2001FP: 10.9.4/10.7.5/Win7/Win81/Ubuntu12.10.
    Projects || Blog

  11. Similar Threads:

Page 67 of 80 First ... 1757656667686977 ... Last