Cheers Tote I'll check it on next reboot. Running on stock CPU speed for now in case it is OC related.
Switching to the MacPro profile made the system KP on boot, so had to revert to the MacMini profile.
I am building a ML Rig - the components are being shipped now.
CPU Intel Core i7-2600K Sandy Bridge
Mobo GIGABYTE GA-Z77X-UP5 TH LGA
RAM G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 16GB (2 x 8GB)
Graphics EVGA 02G-P4-3660-KR GeForce GTX 660 Ti 2GB
HD's Seagate Barracuda 2TB drives x 2 (1 MAC OS - 1 Win7)
PSU CORSAIR HX Series HX750 750W
CPU Cool Corsair Hydro Series H100 Cooler
Cd/DVD burner Sony AD-7280S-0B 24x SATA Internal DVD+/-RW Drive
Monitor Acer S235HLbii Black 23"
Case NZXT Phantom 410 CA-PH410-B1 Red
Motherboard and Graphics card are the same as yours so I will be following your build thread quite closely.
Picked up a firewire header adaptor, but turned out it has the wrong pinout (purple) for my motherboard. Spent an hour last night with a needle and tweezers re-pinning the firewire wires into the yellow 10 pin connector lol
This link came in handy for anyone else who makes this mistake:
Had to be careful as the USB yellow connector fits straight into the 1394 socket on the motherboard, could have caused a short!
In the end only the far left firewire400 socket on the bracket is wired up, but seems to work OK with my old iSight camera.
Updated to 10.8.2 using the combo updater OK, and also changed to the MacPro 5,1 definition, procedure I followed:
2. Download and run 10.8.2 combo updater.
3. Without restarting, install audio kext (ALC889 w/ DSDT) with MultiBeast and change system definition to MacPro 5,1
4. Delete AppleTyMCEDriver.kext in System-> Library-> Extensions
5. Unzip this to your desktop, then run Kextbeast: http://ribfeast.no-ip.com/AppleACPIPlatform.kext.zip
7. Install latest NVidia 660Ti drivers from their website