I have an official apple bluetooth, it's the BLUETOOTH USB +EDR ADAPTER v2.1 UHE: Product ID: 0x016a Vendor ID:0x050d (Belkin Corporation). This one works fine, not a problem at all and gives you access to the bios. This means it doesn't need an OS to run.
Originally Posted by TheGemini
Mine 's not working either.
During startup and in the Console I see the following message:
9/13/13 7:47:31.000 PM kernel: [IOBluetoothHCIController][ProcessEventDataWL] -- kBluetoothHCIEventHardwareError occurred -- status = 0x0037 (kBluetoothHCIErrorSecureSimplePairingNotSupported ByHost or kBluetoothHCIErrorMax) -- mNumberOfCommandsAllowedByHardware is 0, processing -- opCode = 0x0000 (UNKNOWN), requestPtr = 0
9/13/13 7:47:31.000 PM kernel: **** [IOBluetoothHostControllerUSBTransport][setPowerStateWL] -- PerformPowerStateChange() failed: 0xE00002BC (kIOReturnError) -- powerStateOrdinal = OFF, mCurrentInternalPowerState = ON -> mPendingInternalPowerState = OFF -- this = 0xffffff8016551c00 ****
I also see that the following bluetooth kexts have been updated:
maybe putting back the 10.8.4 ones fixes the problem
Same board and revision. Had to kextunload GenericUSBXHCI.kext prior to successful upgrade using combo. Reinstalled sound using Multibeast 5.4.3. Downloaded and installed GenericUSBXHCI ver 1.2.5.
Booting took longer time than 10.8.4. Got 10.8.5 to work somehow, but no still no sound, no back USB3. Reinstalling sound didn't help. Safari flickers on animated contents. Apparently Multibeast 5.4.3 is not ready for 10.8.5.
Returned to 10.8.4 using Time Machine. Will try again when a newer version of Multibeast becomes available.
Right explanation about my issues.
Tried this method but no success. Rollback to 10.8.4.
Macman found the solution for reboot loop in his modded kernel. I really hope that will be possible to create a tool to solve it.
in many countries is very difficult to find recommended boards to buy. This limits friendly hackintosh builds.
After experiencing a painful update (the update broke my system). I was forced to reinstall 10.8.4 from scratch. Ran multibeast with the bare minimum drivers (mainly audio and network plus a couple of customizations). Did a permission fix before rebooting. That went smooth.
I then updated using the app store download. Ran multibeast again with the same bare minimum drivers. Fixed permissions and rebooted. Viola! To my surprise, it went smoothly without a hitch. Everything works in my system as before (bluetooth, USB3.0, sound, HDMI, etc.). I checked the S/L/E for kexts and they are all there except for the GenericUSB with I didn't upload anyway.
Don't bother with this update. More trouble than it's worth.
-no audio after update.
-tried MultiBeast audio rollback. No dice.
-tried DSDT and no DSDT methods. No dice.
restored DSDT and manually forced old applhda. No dice.
Max time allotment for updating surpassed. Rolled back to 10.8.4
Sorry for my long absence. I know when 10.9 goes pub
If I'll be spending lots of time on it so I'm not too interested in wasting a bunch of time on this update.
BTW. This is the first update to break audio for me since Snow.