Chimera 3.0 Update
Chimera has been updated to version 3.0. Major changes include improved Intel HD graphics support, and better support for Ivy Bridge E/EP and Haswell mobile ULV cpus. Chimera is recommended for all users, and will be included by default in the next MultiBeast and UniBeast releases.
My branch of Chameleon, which tonymacx86 and I call Chimera was created to improve support for recommended systems. At that time, the problem was that some branches had features that other branches didn't have, and many new features were still not merged into the trunk. While this was an inevitable side-effect of rapid open-source development, it created some confusion for new users. The result of multiple branches not only increased the difficulty of choosing which version of the bootloader to use, it made it impossible to support certain hardware.
Since then, Chameleon development has slowed, and most small fixes are quickly making their way into the main trunk. Starting with Chimera 3.0, instead of working with our codebase, I've decided to start with the latest trunk version as the Chimera codebase going forward. Within that codebase I've added or will be adding my Chimera changes and enhancements. By doing this, it will be easier to update Chimera to include any trunk fixes or enhancements. In addition this will now allow full compatibility with closed source modules.
Chimera v3.0 Changes:
- Based on Chameleon 2.2 r2378 while retaining the following previous Chimera v2.2.1 fixes and changes:
- Disabled writing the command line boot options to nvram
- Edited ATI/AMD card names to remove vendor name
- Kept Chimera verbose strings in ATI/AMD
- Kept Chimera CPU speed detection
⁃ Forced display of generic names for NVIDIA GPUs
- Kept Chimera IGP code and keys, removed trunk keys
- Updated Boothelp to reflect above changes
- Added basic support for desktop Intel HD Graphics 4400
- Added boot key IGPDeviceID=nnnn for unsupported devices
- Improved Intel HD Graphics Support
- Fixed Haswell CPU speed detection
- Added support for Intel Ivy Bridge EP CPUs
- Added hardcoded DMI speed for LGA2011 CPUs
- Including HDAEnabler module, not enabled by default.
Chimera is an official branch of the Chameleon open-source bootloader project.
A standalone installer is now available at tonymacx86.com/downloads. To update from any earlier version of Chimera, simply run the .pkg and reboot. For bug reporting, feature requests, and general feedback please use the Chimera Forum.
Chimera HD Graphics Bootflags: IGPEnabler, IGPlatformID, and IGPDeviceID
How to Use HDAEnabler module with Chimera
Chimera 2.2 Update
Chimera 2.1 Now Available
Chimera 2.0 Now Available
Chimera 1.11.1 Update
tonymacx86 Wiki: Chimera
tonymacx86 Forum: The Tools > Chimera
VoodooProjects > Chameleon > Chimera Source