Today Apple released 10.8.2, the second major update to OS X Mountain Lion. To eliminate any potential issues, we generally recommend to update any supported systems using the standalone combo installer available from Apple.com, and not the built-in Software Update.
Be sure to back up any important data, and if possible clone your hard drive before applying the update. If you have any issues post-update, boot using UniBeast.
What we know about 10.8.2 so far...
- 12.2.0 Darwin kernel
- Facebook integration
- Improved battery life for Mac laptops
- Updated AMD, Intel, and NVIDIA graphics drivers
- If you use customized or edited graphics kexts, it will be necessary to make the edits again using the new drivers as a base.
- If you OpenCL Enabler, reapply it before reboot
- If you've used the official 10.8.1 Nvidia drivers to fix glitchy Fermi cards, reapply the drivers before reboot
- Updated audio drivers
- You will have to reinstall the Patched AppleHDA using MultiBeast before rebooting.
- If you use VoodooHDA, you will not need to make any modifications
- If you use FakeSMC plugins, and get a kernel panic after reboot. Boot into safe mode by typing -x at the Chimera boot screen. Then navigate to /System/Library/Extensions/FakeSMC.kext/Contents/Plugins/ and delete OEMsmbios.kext. Then reboot.
Testing is now underway- this post will be updated. Good luck, and let us know how it goes! Report your results here.
OS X 10.8.1 Update
Mac OS X 10.7.4 Update
Mac OS X 10.7.3 Update
Mac OS X 10.7.2 Update
Mac OS X 10.7.1 Update